REGIONAL DIRECTOR, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (S CA - PROJECT - MISSION)
Irvine, CA, USA | Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
This is an unparalleled opportunity for a Regional Director Design Construction Management.
The Regional Director, Design and Construction Management provides leadership and oversight to effectively execute and deliver upon a diverse and complex capital project ranging between $500M to $2.0B. This role will provide leadership to a variety of roles within the design and construction family and will vary by region depending upon workforce and portfolio needs. This role is responsible for ensuring adherence to Providence St. Joseph Health standards and performs duties in a manner consistent with PSJH Mission and Core Values.
The Regional Director Design Construction Management is:
- Responsible for providing leadership, management, and facilitation for design and construction team to meet assigned goals.
- Accountable for direct supervision of project delivery team to include performance management, development and growth, and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for working with department managers, service line leaders, and chief executives to develop project scope in support of regional strategies.
- Responsible for leading and managing the RFP process for architectural and general contractors within region. Responsible for maintaining and developing overall vendor relationships and deployments within the region.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining relationships with authorities having jurisdiction at a global level.
- Reviews and approves architectural add services, construction change orders, invoices, and construction pay applications within scope of the signatory matrix.
- Accountable for developing infection control procedures with safety, facilities, and accreditation teams. Monitors compliance procedures during construction.
- Accountable for providing education to team on best practices, changes in procedures, and industry standards.
- Responsible for conducting routine inspection to ensure conformance with design documents, incorporation of best practices and communication with the project team. Accountable for ad hoc monitoring and measurement of successful implementation is appropriate.
- Ensures that Project Programs, Designs, Budgets and Schedules are inclusive of all elements required for a complete project.
- Responsible for managing Executives, Regional and Ministry stakeholders as it relates to the overall program/project delivery including but not limited to the presentation of project accounting, risks, changes, designs, estimates and program updates.
- Evaluates all design development professionals for cost competitiveness and accuracy in concert with scope of work.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing cost reporting with the team to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares comparisons to monitor construction cost trends to historical data. Updates the cost database as needed.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team success and reflects the Providence Health & Services’ Mission, philosophy, and Core Values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship.
Required experience/education for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management; Architecture; Business Administration; Finance; and or equivalent educ/experience
- Driver License.
- 10 or more years of Construction Management.
- 7 years of supervisory experience.
- Large project delivery experience leading projects in total value greater than $300M
- 5 years proven experience in California Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) formally known as (California Office Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) leading projects larger than $300M
- Proven experience with land use practices and procedures across a diverse geographic portfolio including California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) & Environmental Impact Report (EIR).
- Proven knowledge of land use practices and procedures across a diverse geographic portfolio.
- Strong analytical, organizational, leadership, interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with Accounting and Construction mathematical concepts.
- Excellent reputation and knowledge of the design, engineering and construction firms and local jurisdiction having authority.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both written and verbal forms for both internal and external partners.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge of building codes (SSBC, IBC, etc.), OSHA, aerial construction and underground construction standards and principles.
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to develop solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to design and interpret statistical models.
- Project management skills.
- Understanding of land use and regulatory compliance.
- Microsoft office suite to include Microsoft Project.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Ability to inspire and develop staff.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
- Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- High degree of initiative.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Preferred experience/education for this position include:
- American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE) Certified Healthcare Constructor
- American College of Healthcare Architects (ACHA) Certification
Already a member? Sign In