Regional Director of Finance
Wausau, WI, USA | Aspirus
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:82 people have viewed this job
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
We are seeking a Director - Finance Regional Accounting at our corporate office located in Wausau, Wisconsin. This individual directs and coordinates accounting and financial matters for the Aspirus Regional business units and contributes to larger system finance initiatives as part of the fiscal services team.This will include:
- Directing and coordinating activities concerned with financial matters, general accounting, financial and statistical reporting, and IRS filing, i.e., 990, 5500, etc., for assigned entities.
- Directing and participating in the preparation of the financial statements, reports, and statistical analysis. Reviews and analyzes such reports with all levels of administration and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintaining in-depth payor reimbursement knowledge sufficient to perform monthly accounts receivable allowance analysis.
- Identifying opportunities for operational efficiency and revenue cycle maximization.
- Developing and administering effective internal controls and functional audit trails.
- Reviewing audit findings with public accountants and federal, state and local internal auditors. Assists in initiating appropriate action based on audit reports.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Assuring compliance with all corporate contractual obligations.
- Managing and preparing proformas and detailed financial analysis in collaboration with leadership.
- Supervising staff on a day-to-day basis. Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs reconciliations and prepares analysis as needed.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related area.
- A Master’s Degree in accounting, finance or related area and/or CPA status or FHFMA certification beneficial.
- Minimum of three years of health care financial management experience.
- Minimum of three years prior leadership experience.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. Its 11,000 employees are focused on improving the health and well-being of people throughout Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.
Aspirus serves communities through four hospitals in Upper Michigan and 13 hospitals in Wisconsin, 75 clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and air-medical transport, medical goods, nursing homes and a broad network of physicians.
Aspirus has been recognized by IBM Watson Health as a Top 15 Health System for four consecutive years in its annual studies identifying the top-performing health systems in the country.
Already a member? Sign In