Regional Director of Operations
Portland, OR, USA | Providence Health & Services
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:66 people have viewed this job
Providence is calling a Regional Director of Operations to the Groth Building in Portland, OR
We are seeking a Regional Director of Operations that will be responsible for strategic leadership and overall successful operation on behalf of the Executive Director, Oregon Region Quality Management and Medical Staff Services (ORQMMSS). This position provides guidance to strategic planning, prioritization, and development of operational initiatives, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives and projects to ensure effective use of resources. Serves to coordinate the activities within the Division in all domains, including Accreditation, Patient Safety/ Risk, Quality/Medical Staff Services, Utilization Management, and Clinical Documentation Improvement. This position represents regional leadership to engage management and staff to work together to improve the quality, reliability, and safety of patient care. Serves as liaison to external agencies such as the Join Commission, Livanta/QIO, Oregon Health Authority, and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The position provides leadership to and management of the Clinical Project Managers. The position provides direct mentoring and training for the Quality Management/Medical Staff Services Directors and members of their teams, the Clinical Project Managers, and the Clinical Data Abstractor Team.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with the Executive, Quality Management & Medical Staff for the Oregon region, in the development and implementation of priorities identified by Providence Health and Services, the Oregon Quality Council, in collaboration with individual ministries
- Serve as a member of the ORQMMSS domain leadership team and serves as liaison to the Chief Medical Officer and the Oregon Directors of Quality Management/Medical Staff Services
- Provide leadership to the regional organization to maximize quality, reliability, patient safety, cost effectiveness, enhance the patient satisfaction and responsiveness of leaders and staff members
- Plan and assure that the Quality, Risk and Medical Staff Office functions meet guidelines and continual readiness set by PH&S, The Joint Commission (TJC), State of Oregon, and state licensing boards
- Plan, direct and supervises the activities of quality, patient safety, resource and risk management and performance improvement programs, minimizing variation and moving toward centralization of processes
- Demonstrate understanding and utilizes tones, tools and behaviors that promote patient safety in a highly reliable organization
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business or Healthcare Administration (or progress towards degree)
- Current, unencumbered Oregon state RN license
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in nursing with 5 years in acute care setting
- Five (5) years of experience in progressive leadership and management roles
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Already a member? Sign In