Regional Director, Strategic Accounts
Statewide, CA, USA | Leading Pharmaceutical / Biotech Company
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Responsible for developing the short and long-term strategies for Strategic Accounts as assigned. In conjunction with the strategic accounts team, manage specific contracts and associated relationships while closely working with the U.S. sales organization to maximize strategic account growth. Interface with marketing, sales leadership, finance, legal, technical and field service in the management of a targeted list of health systems/strategic accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Expected to meet or exceed plan for growth in assigned Strategic Accounts for existing and new business accounts.
• Ensure successful contract implementation and compliance through active leadership and close monitoring of performance.
• Relay ongoing customer feedback (VOC) to all parts of the organization.
• Develop contract and pricing structure to drive growth on reagents and instrument sales/rentals.
• Work closely with field sales and sales management in the execution of Health Systems and strategic account strategies.
• Leverage people leadership capabilities by engaging and developing a high performing team.
Education or Experience (in years):
• Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of Business, or equivalent industry-related experience.
• Master’s degree in Life Science (Clinical Pathology, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry) with 7+ years of Business, or equivalent industry-related experience.
• 7+ years diagnostic industry experience with 3+ working with a Strategic Accounts focus.
• 1-2+ years managing people preferred
Knowledge and skills:
• Experience in setting both short (1-2 years) and long-term (3-7 years) business strategies.
• Effective in influencing and persuading others, results driven, self-motivated, demonstrate ability to plan and organize, and possess solid communication and selling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize and offer programs and/or solutions to complex customer problems and act with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to develop contract structure which drives commercial success.
• Demonstrated leadership and organization/planning skills.
• Strong executive-level negotiation skills with multi-year agreements.
• Ability to work cohesively within a team and matrix environment.
• Experience working closely with field sales and sales management.
• 50% travel is anticipated. Must be able to sit for long periods of time due to travel.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.