Regional Sales Director
Boston, MA, USA | SCIEX
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:104 people have viewed this job
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for the leadership, planning, developing, and controlling of activities to ensure regional revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals are met for the Boston region. Primary responsibility is to coach, develop and lead a team of senior sales representatives to achieve revenue goals while selling a premium product line in a complex selling environment. The Regional Director will work in a collaborative team selling culture and will help identify and coordinate sales efforts and resources in key integrated Health Systems within the region and ensure the development of key thought leaders to maximize strategic account growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Expected to meet or exceed plan for growth in assigned Region for existing and new business accounts.
• Overall performance of the sales representatives in assigned region including the responsibilities of coaching, developing and providing ongoing feedback and guidance on professional development.
• Relay ongoing customer feedback (VOC) to all parts of the organization.
• Directing, inspiring, coaching and motivating representatives to accomplish sales goals.
• Leverage people leadership capabilities by engaging and developing a high performing team.
• Understanding and utilizing key influences for developing and closing sales in hospitals, labs and health systems.
• Introducing new testing concepts and products to the market.
• Driving physician demand and adoption of new diagnostic methods.
• Developing and implementing customer-specific action plans.
• Negotiating contracts from single hospitals to health systems.
• Developing and delivering presentations and proposals.
• Hosting and assisting product shows.
• Prospecting, recruiting and training of sales personnel.
• 50% travel is anticipated.
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
• Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time.
• For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education and Experience (in years):
• Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of Business, or equivalent diagnostic industry experience
• Master’s degree in Life Science (Clinical Pathology, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry) with 7+ years of Business, or equivalent diagnostic industry-related experience.
Knowledge and skills:
• Effective in leading, influencing and persuading others, results driven, self-motivated, demonstrated ability to plan and organize, and possesses solid communication and selling skills.
• Strong executive-level presence and exceptional negotiation skills driving multi-year agreements for premium products in a complex sales environment including physicians, laboratorians, Infection Control, Pharmacy and executive suite.
• Experience in setting both short (1-2 years) and long-term (3-7 years) business strategies.
• Experience leading in a team selling, cross-functional and matrix environment.
• Strong track record of success in both capital and reagent sales.
• Proactive approach to analyzing, diagnosing, and prescribing strategic business solutions to meet company sales goals.
• Maintains effective collaboration and coordination of internal resources to ensure company sales goals are met.
• Experience planning and driving new product launch strategies in conjunction with Marketing.
• Provides consistent field interaction and communication to ensure company's message is clearly communicated.
• Ability to connect with and coordinate between key customers and internal/external stakeholders to promote and expand business opportunities.
• Hire, assess, train and develop high quality sales representatives and recommend changes as necessary.
• Knowledge of PCR / molecular testing is beneficial.
• Experience with customer base in sales region is strongly preferred.
• Coordinate training events for sales personnel within region.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications.
• Skilled using a CRM application such as Salesforce.com.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In