Regional VP, Business Development
Framingham, MD, USA | Encompass Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
This position works closely with the Regional President to ensure marketing initiatives are carried out throughout the region to reach and/or exceed volume goals.This is accomplished by providing ongoing support and communication to field Business Development Directors and assuring that TeamWorks policies and procedures and Management Operating Systems (MOS) are closely maintained.Specific areas of focus include volume growth, program development, strategic planning, and networking between hospitals and accounts. The position communicates with Senior Management on identified opportunities for continued growth of product lines, managed care business, and growth of market share.
The Regional Vice President, Business Development is also responsible for helping to create an environment consistent with the philosophy inherent in TeamWorks, One Team, One Vision.This culture enables hospitals to fulfill the mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the organizations mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
Essential Job Functions:
- Solicits and receives feedback from hospital Business Development Directors regarding the quality and satisfaction of care.
- Provides ongoing education, communication and information to local Business Development Directors regarding patient outcomes and specific program offerings pertinent for patient population.
- Monitors the functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product lines.
- Challenges the status quo of business and marketing operations through DWOR Analysis by assessing performance in process and procedures.
- Reviews, evaluates and monitors hospitals¿ critical volume metrics and takes actions to assist in reversing negative trends.
- Monitors and measures regional volume and case mix growth.
- Coaches and provides ongoing feedback to hospital Business Development Directors to achieve and maintain desired level of performance and recognizes and rewards appropriate continuous improvement as it relates to behaviors of marketing team.
- Analyzes historical data by referral source, program, product line, physician, hospital and payer source to understand past performance and direction of growth.
- Assures that Business Development Directors utilize marketing statistical data supplied on an annual basis to develop appropriate quarterly marketing plans.
- Understands and manages the reimbursement system as it relates to appropriate utilization of resources and LOS management to promote quality outcomes.
- Monitors and guides Business Development Directors with marketing collateral and advertising in conjunction with corporate support that meets the needs of the market place.
- Utilizes Marketing Analysis reports to direct marketing activities.
- Works closely with Business Development Directors to assist in defining territories and identifying staffing needs.
- Implements action plans as necessary to ensure marketing effectiveness.
- Provides leadership to marketing teams to identify new product development and meet volume goals.
- Works collaboratively with clinical and senior leadership to identify product lines that add value and support overall marketing objectives.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Performs TeamWorks Sales and Marketing training on a bi-monthly basis for all new CEO's, marketing staff and admissions liaisons.This includes teaching basic sales and referral development skills (RDS), review of management operating systems (MOS) and its application to Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Performs Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) assessments of hospitals to assure that all RDS, MOS and CRM processes and procedures are being properly maintained.
- Act as a resource for any and all matters related to CRM.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Already a member? Sign In