Regional VP, Operations
N/A, KY, USA | Sound Physicians
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:78 people have viewed this job
Sound Physicians is a leading physician partner to hospitals, health plans, physician groups, and post-acute providers seeking to transform outcomes for acute episodes of care.For 20 years our high-performing and affordable care models have combined physician leadership, clinical process, technology and analytics to consistently improve clinical and financial performance.We are pioneers in value, working together with our partners and community providers to bridge gaps in care, from hospital to home.
Sound Physicians offers a competitive benefits package inclusive of the items below, and more:
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance and Vision insurance
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Self-managed PTO Plan
- Ten company-paid holidays per year
About the Role:
The Regional Vice President (RVP) manages a team inclusive of Regional Directors, Regional Managers, Program Managers and Hospitalist Coordinators who drive operations and growth of Sound’s portfolio of programs (HM, EM, VBH) in the Midwest Division.This role reports to Regional President, Operations (RP) with accountability to the Regional Chief Medical Officer (RCMO). This role supports a highly-matrixed team – working alongside an Associate Chief Medical Officer as their dyad partner, while partnering with a Regional Vice President of Clinical Performance.
A successful executive in this role is a strategic partner to our hospital partners and health plans within a market driving value and growth, while building trust and confidence with client stakeholders through strong relationships, communication and visibility. The RVP will drive operational and financial performance in existing and new programs through direct influence, a team of operators, in partnership with clinical leadership.This role will lead and provide the highest level of client support to C-suite executives for hospitals and health plans in a geographic region. They will strategically lead client delivery with our existing clients ensuring they receive value from Sound’s diverse service offerings, with a focus on retention and growth within a market. Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Relationship Management, Client Retention and Market Growth
- Proactively utilize Sound and industry knowledge to lead discussions with hospital partners and health plans regarding short term and long term strategic objectives, effectively communicating where Sound can provide a solution.
- In collaboration with Business Development and the Regional President develop market specifics growth plans leveraging Sound’s capabilities
- Build strong relationships with the C-Suite at each hospital partner in assigned region, reporting on and monitoring operational performance on monthly basis.
- Maintain knowledge of contract terms and actively manage the contracting cycle proactively engaging with partners to ensure renewal of relationship.
- Oversee preparation for quarterly Joint Operations Committee (JOC) and provide direction and supervision to the Regional Manager during the JOC.
- Initiate and lead content discussions and preparations for Quarterly Performance Reviews, and other partner interactions, ensuring focus on integration of all Sound service lines in a "One Sound" manner.Review content for final sign-off of all client-facing templates (scorecards, dashboards, action plans, etc.) developed.
- Effectively manage relationships/processes with central services departments to maximize stakeholder, client and colleague value.
- Drive growth for current and new partners within regions in collaboration with RP, RCMO, and Sound Business Development, Population Health, and M&A teams.
- Create or review proposals for new business and expansion of current business, including financial proformas. This includes supporting or leading contract negotiations.
- Align with dyad partner to develop people, processes and programs that will drive quality, financial performance and growth
- Ensure integration of Sound Service Lines including alignment with the operations of related Sound Physicians programs, as applicable
- In coordination with the RP and regional medical leadership, participate in contract negotiations
- Profit and Loss oversight for the market
- Review, plan and/or develop annual site and division budgets and assist in quarterly forecasting process
- Facilitate forward thinking focus and action planning around key contribution margin drivers
- Partner with Nursing Leadership to support organizational clinical performance objectives
- Assist in preparation of and participate in Quarterly Operating Reviews (QOR) at the request of RP
- Provide supervision and development for Regional Director of Operations, Regional Managers, Program Managers and other direct reports to ensure appropriate succession and capacity planning
- Create a culture of ownership among their team leveraging Sound’s core values
- Create and drive management processes that embrace the principles and rigor of the Sound Way of Managing
- Final oversight for day-to-day site operations including matters related to payroll, credentialing, human resources, recruiting, etc. with assistance of direct reports and central office departments
- Competencies, Personal Attributes, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Relationship Management: The ability to create and nourish healthy, strong relationships among external partners, dyad/triad partners, and cross-functional Sound team members at all levels. The ability to strategically build relationships with the right stakeholders and use these mutually beneficial relationships to create opportunities, driving customer satisfaction and growth. Is considered a trusted partner. The ability to inspire confidence in others by setting a personal example of optimism, poise, and expertise.
- Partner Success Obsessed: The ability to develop partner relationships that promote retention and loyalty, keeping partners at the center of decisions and plans. The ability to mentor others in a consultative and solution based approach to working with partners. Customer service is considered your passion and seeing your team strive is your driving force.
- Market Leader (Strategic Mindset + Business Acumen) Knows and applies knowledge of business, industry, and market to advance Sound’s vision, mission and goals.
- Business Development: The ability to constantly scan internal and external environments for factors, trends, and patterns that may impact Sound’s business. Expectations include actively seeking same store expansion opportunities in additional Sound service lines while partnering with business development VP’s to identify brand new partnerships within the division. Understands the competitive market landscape. The ability, attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks our improvements and solutions. Possesses a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvements.
- Self-Starter: Independently assesses situations, addresses conflicts and leads action without hesitation.
- Passion: Commitment to achieving high levels of performance continually.Demonstrated personal resilience and enthusiasm for a job well done.
- Emotional Quotient: The ability to identify and manage emotions, as well as the emotions of others, using this information to guide one’s thinking and actions.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or similar field; MBA, MHA, preferred.
- Expert knowledge of healthcare landscape and market forces driving the acute care delivery models
- Working knowledge of healthcare payment models, physician practice management, revenue cycle, payer contracting, managed care models, and Accountable Care Organization structure
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial and operational impacts within geographic and macro market changes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of MS Project
- 8-10 years' experience in working with healthcare operational management, including financial statements and working knowledge of hospital and healthcare informatics, including quality measures.
- 3-4 years’ experience in client-facing roles with hospitals/health systems
- 3-4 years' experience managing a physician group practice
- Experience working in a cross functional, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated record of using a strategic and consultative approach to adding value, engaging and building solutions with partners
To be considered for employment, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must be two weeks post full COVID-19 vaccination by start date
Already a member? Sign In