Regulatory Reporting Supervisor - VP
San Ramon, CA, USA | Leading Financial Services Company
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
• Oversee and execute the production of the Regulatory Reporting requirements for the U.S. operations and the respective entities, including but not limited to the following:
• FR Y-9C – “Consolidated Financial Statements for Bank Holding Companies”
• FR Y-9LP – “Parent Company Only Financial Statements”
• FR Y-11/11S – “Financial Statements of U.S. Nonbank Subsidiaries of U.S. Holding Companies”
• FR Y-15 – “Banking Organization Systemic Risk Report”
• Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory reporting function
• Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
• Partner with Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented adequately to address the business needs
• Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
• Participate in communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
Other Job Duties
• Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
• Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
• Finance and banking industry background with specific experience covering corporate and institutional banking products and activities (e.g. capital markets, broker dealer, asset management, etc.)
• Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management
• Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting concepts and practices
• Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization and IHC regulatory requirements is preferred. Experience in key regulatory reports such as FR Y-9C a plus.
• Internal or external audit background. CPA is preferred
• Experience in leading or implementing automation solutions and process improvements.
• Knowledge of Financial and/or Regulatory Reporting requirements, tools and processes; experience in regulatory reporting to key regulators such as the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC and DFS.
• Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Axiom experience is preferred,
• Working experience with SQL is a plus
• Control mindset and ethics with strong organization and project or teammanagement skills
• Change management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills
• Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed oriented, and strong leadership skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities, and complete tasks under limited timeframe
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred