Regulatory Solutions Product Manager
London, United Kingdom | Northern Trust
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Regulatory Solutions team is responsible for regulatory impact assessment for all of C&IS, including significant global industry changes (e.g. Brexit, LIBOR). The team provides consultative support to the business and clients to help navigate these regulatory and industry changes. The team has responsibility for the commercialisation of regulatory products as well as providing centralised oversight of implementation and escalation for all regulation impacting C&IS.
This role sits in London and the successful candidate would be primarily focused on the Product Management side of the team’s remit.
The team, including the Product lead, is currently 6 FTE. The successful candidate will have some responsibility for the horizon scanning, impact assessment & consultative support aspects but their key responsibility will be around the commercialisation of regulatory product & the implementation of regulatory programs (they will partner closely with PMs & BAs from our Product Development function).
• Executing the strategy of the product umbrella as outlined by the Lead Product Manager, Product Executiveand Head of Product Management for the business unit.
• Developing market insight by defining the target client segment markets, evaluating industry trends/competitors and defining the market story
• Leading in introducing new products to the market by creating go-to-market roll-outs, securing regulatory approvals, completing risk and compliance reviews, publishing marketing material and conducting sales training
• Leading post-launch product management such as post launch audits, tracking product successes, analyzing P&L, metrics, KPIs. Makes recommendations for improvements to promotional programs.
• Attending and presenting at industry events and publish in industry publications
• Providing sales support including presenting at client and prospect meetings
• Monitoring capital and expenses, makes recommendations
• Displaying a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
• Assisting in new product planning activities i.e developing business case composing product requirements, preparing a launch plan and establishing future metrics
• Providing internal and external consultative support in the regulatory space to increase knowledge and further NT relationships
• Performing regulatory analysis on upcoming items to ensure the business interprets the broader implications of change beyond pure compliance, and allow for effective and efficient implementation
The ideal candidate should demonstrate some of the following qualifications:
• Previous experience performing a role as a strategic thinker
• Demonstrated ability to build trustworthy and credible business relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience creating presentations as a subject matter
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial services product(s) i.e. Regulatory Solutions, Cash & Liquidity
• Demonstrated experience understanding client needs
• Flexibility to adapt with changing schedules and requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of business strategy development
• Demonstrated interest or knowledge in current regulatory changes i.e. MMF (Money Market Funds) Regulation, MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive), PRIIPs (Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products) Regulation
• A College or University degree and/or relevant, proven work experience
• Relevant industry qualifications are preferred
Alrdeady a member? Sign In