Relationship Manager, Hedge Fund Services
Chicago, IL, USA | Northern Trust
Financial Services Professional
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Relationship Manager (RM) is instrumental to ensuring the ongoing success of NTHFS client relationships.The RM is primarily responsible for managing both external (client) and internal (shared service) relationships.On a daily basis, the RM should exhibit an excellent working knowledge of NTHFS and NT to assist clients with queries and to ensure client deliverables are completed and acceptable.The RM must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously both independently and as part of a team.
1. Manage both internal and external relationships by developing a strong working relationship with Shared Services teams and clients.
2. Ensure overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns/needs to partners.
3. Partner with Shared Service teams to continuously optimize support structure for client servicing
4. Understand the services and terms outlined in the Professional Services Agreement and manage client expectations at all times.
5. Coordinate and facilitate investor and client due diligence sessions (in-person, via phone or in writing).
6. Develop an understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges.
7. Cultivate strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement.
8. Coordinate Client Service Reviews (4 times per year) and subsequent reporting to NTHFS senior management.
9. Cross-sell bank products/services and participate in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, brings in experts when appropriate, ensure smooth delivery of new services, and communicate emerging needs.
10. Manage client profitability, understand competitive environment, develop pricing strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability. Proactively manage re-pricing as needed.
11. Act as subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level in any specific area (ex. Operations, accounting, investor services)
12. Identify complex business and operational problems and provide solutions to drive continuous improvement in quality of service deliverables and internal efficiency
13. Operate independently; demonstrate in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
14. Perform other functions, as needed, to ensure a high level of service at all times.
15. Coordinate and manage client training on technology and tools.
16. Act as a point of escalation to the client and shared service teams.Manage difficult conversations and escalations (both internal and external) as needed.
• Experience within fund administration, prime brokerage or investment management firm
• Superb organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and at the same time meet client needs
• Effective in a variety of presentation settings, one-on-one, small and large groups
• Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills
• Adaptive, flexible style with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong decision-making abilities, impeccable integrity and the ability to present technical information in a clear & effective manner
• Familiarity of investment transaction processing. Examples include option and future exercises, assignments and expirations, buys and sells, expenses, resets and unwinds, and corporate actions
• Excellent interpersonal skills, high energy level, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong technology skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline; Master’s degree a plus