Relationship Manager ,Institutional Banking Services - IBG3
Mumbai, India | DBS Bank
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Financial Services Professional
Job Description:113 people have viewed this job
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards.
To acquire and build a well diversified portfolio within the IBG 3 + segment. The portfolio should provide revenue from diversified sources such as assets, trade, cash, treasury, fees etc. and the portfolio should lead to healthy income with an acceptable risk to the bank.
Relationship Manager is expected to deliver these results in accordance with the lending guidelines prescribed by the bank.
• Source New to Bank IBG 3 + relationships
• To achieve the individual Budgeted revenues through all product parameters and increase PPC ( Product Per Customer) to a minimum of 3.
• Build a diversified portfolio offering revenues from asset, trade, cash, treasury, fees, liabilities, etc.
• Asset opportunities to be sourced aligned to the bank’s lending norms
• Maintain high level of quality and consistency while proposing various facilities for the customer.
• Maintain nil delinquency in the accounts sourced.
• Cross sell of trade, cash management and foreign exchange related facilities.
• Build a diversified portfolio and reduce concentration risk in the portfolio.
• Regular feedback to the credit and portfolio team about various developments in the client’s business. Work closely with the monitoring team for early warning signals and take appropriate actions as identified.
• Help the branch in building liabilities book through these new to bank relationships.
• Implement & execute IBG 3+ business strategy to increase market share & to achieve targets consistent with IBG3+ revenue, ROE & Cost / Income ratio targets.
• Regular Tracking of progress on the agreed key metrics towards delivering on the strategy.
• Track developments in the respective markets and provide feedback to the Branch Manager and the central team.
• To comply with the Bank’s process & policies and ensure positive ratings during all Country / Group audits.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Source New to Bank customers and build the IBG 3+ by selling asset, trade, cash management and forex etc. to the customers.
• On board clients with a clear account plan highlighting the revenue potential , risks and mitigants.
• Increase the wallet share with the customer by constantly exploring opportunities to cross sell other products offered by the bank.
• Thorough monitoring of accounts sourced.
• Keep track on customer’s business and report any early warning signals.
• Ensure that the covenants and conditions prescribed by the credit team are consistently met.
• Adherence to strict KYC/AML requirements.
• MIS to be provided to the central team for further reporting, within the stipulated guidelines.
• Overall 5-7 years of experience in sales.
• 3 - 4 years of sales experience in Mid-market lending.
• Proven sales track record in asset business in the Business Banking segment.
• Knowledge of competitors and market place
• Market knowledge and experience in the Mid-market segment, with reference to customer preferences and requirement is preferred.
Education / Preferred Qualifications
• An MBA or CA with relevant number of years of experience in banking and specifically in selling asset products in the Business Banking segment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good Analytical skills.
• Self-driven and highly ambitious
• Results-orientated & the ability to handle pressure
• Relationship building & management skills
• Understanding of competitive positioning
• Comfortable with tight deadlines
• Sound understanding of asset products and associated technology platforms and operational procedures
• Understanding of regulatory guidelines on banking policies issued by MAS/ RBI/SEBI (local regulations in India) and local laws and regulations that impact businesses in general. Understanding of KYC requirements & Anti-money Laundering Policies are critical
• Knowledge of financial markets, products & competitor offerings to assist in meaningful dialogue with clients
• Close interaction with Branch managers / Central team and other stakeholders to ensure consistent on boarding of good quality customers and thereby delivery of sales targets.
• Close interaction with various stakeholders to ensure consistent and reliable service delivery to the customer.
Already a member? Sign In