Research Scientist - Investigational Cancer Therapeutics
Houston, TX, USA | M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
Plans, organizes, coordinates and participates in scientific research projects. Selects and manages laboratory personnel. Reviews and evaluates research activity of laboratory and research personnel. Determines specific goals or objectives to be obtained, evaluates research data and develops and revises techniques or approaches to work problems. Functions in a separate and independent manner in the design and initiation of research experiments. Designs, develops or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results. Responsible for laboratory equipment and implementing safety procedures. Presents findings of research projects to professional groups and prepares scientific documents for publication.
1. Clinical and translational research projects and initiatives.
· Design and develop clinical and translational research to ensure value and feasibility of proposal.
· Recommends to the principal investigator in determining the specific goals or objectives to be attained.
· Develop and maintain standard procedures and protocols to ensure the quality and integrity of research data to be obtained.
· Identify and implement strategies to enhance collaboration between investigators and clinical or research scientists.
· Abstract medical and scientific information and provide lay language versions when required.
2. Clinical and translational data analysis.
· Review protocol documents including abstracts, text, and informed consent for relevant information.
· Review medical records to extract data points.
· Review and evaluate clinical protocol and translational research data, including laboratory correlates data.
· Ensure that the relevant clinical data is collected at designated stages in the treatment process.
· Provide sound data analysis and interpretation of results for manuscripts and grant research plans.
· Prepare data and information related to protocols, grants, abstracts, and manuscript submissions, as needed
3. Reporting, writing, and editing projects.
·Independently compose technical reports, abstracts, slide presentations, spreadsheets, posters, and manuscripts for submission to corporate and federal sponsors, conferences, and scientific journals.
- Copyedit technical reports.
- Proofread galley proofs of manuscripts nearing publication.
- Utilize technical writing ability to compose and abstract medical and scientific information for preparation of written correspondence, reports, and protocols under the direction of study investigator.
-Compile, write, and submit project results to principal investigator.
·Write Investigator-Initiated protocols
·Write letters of intent (LOIs) for Investigator-Initiated Studies
·Grant Writing for Pharmacokinetic (PK) Investigator-Initiated studies
·Edit and/or write sections of protocols and reports as directed by study investigator.
·Prepare specific protocol reports and analysis to aid decisions regarding therapeutic efficacy.
·Prepare documents for publication by reviewing analyses and interpretations of data to ensure accuracy and alignment with research data. Ensure clarity of expression.
·Prepare abstracts of professional literature of a technical nature based on reading and comprehension of the material.
·Ensure that the data collected reflects the requested information and can be provided in accordance with specified guidelines.
·Compile information and draft presentations to provide the most effective arrangement of data (financial, scientific, medical, business, and academic).
·Produce medical illustrations, publication graphics, scientific posters, and slide presentations for national and international meetings.
·Present findings of research projects to professional groups.
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree
Required: With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
Already a member? Sign In