Retail Business Banking Senior Portfolio Analytics
Irving, TX, USA | Citigroup
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
This position will reside within Retail Business Risk supporting the Delinquency-Managed (DM) portfolio and the Retail Business Banking business segment. Main responsibilities include proactively developing, implementing, and managing risk strategies and policies for origination and portfolio management.This is an analytic role that requires a deep level of understanding of data, modeling, processes, and analytical tools in order to creatively support the responsible growth of the portfolio.Collaborative skills are at a premium as the challenges and responsibilities are broad and multi-faceted.The expectation is that the analyses delivered drives positive material change to the business.The primary focus is on the analytics and corresponding credit risk policy/strategy development and the role measured and the selected employee will be evaluated against those contributions.The Ancillary areas such as reporting, process reengineering, systems implementation, and project management, should as far as possible be driven by the supporting areas. The role will liaise with all aspects of Commercial Lending including Sales, Product, Pricing, Model Risk management, GMRA, Retail Credit Operations (including Underwriting and Early Warning), Collections, Independent Risk, and others to fulfill the mission.
Qualified candidates knowledge of Citibank’s commercial lending processes, policies, and systems is preferred but not required. The candidate must be able to multi-task effectively and, above all, be a problem-solver, self-starter, and analtlytically-oriented. The desirable candidate should also be able to think outside the box, be pro-active and have the ability to work effectively in a fast changing work environment.
- Develop origination strategies for Retail Business Banking by leveraging data analytics inclusive of score-based models, on-us/off-us data, and business rules
- Develop portfolio growth and retention strategies for Retail Business Banking portfolio
- Understand and analyze effectiveness of Early Warning model for Delinquency-Managed portfolio
- Ensures complete alignment of Credit Polices by doing periodic gap analysis and attestation of the same
- Responsible for ensuring Risk reporting and implementation is accurate and adequately documented including any Credit Policy changes and Policy specific reporting
- Applies an excellent working knowledge of risk function which includes scoring and segmentation techniques and their use
- Tracks and reports all initiatives, emerging trends and opportunities to senior management on a timely basis
- Ensure policies are aligned with Global Commercial, Small Business and DM Credit Programs, and Commercial Risk policies.
- Stay abreast of emerging industry trends in data analytics and perform proactive analytics to assess and support portfolio and origination strategies
- Proactively identify emerging risks within the portfolio and gaps that might compromise Credit Policy strategies and increase losses.
- Liaise with Small Business Product and Sales teams to develop and implement portfolio growth strategies.
- Liaise with key second and third line of defense partners such as Legal, Compliance, and Fair Lending to advance and support their oversight roles.
- Manage team effectively to impart knowledge and rationale for tasks and ensure ownership for assigned responsibilities and data quality
- Remediate CAPs aligned to this role.
Establishes solid cross-functional partnerships and networks to contribute and execute cross-functional and business initiatives
- Bachelor degree in Business, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in credit risk management in the financial services industry where scoring models were utilized
- Credit modeling experience with strong analytical background and detail-oriented approach
- Demonstrated ability to proactively synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Strong communications/presentation skills, capable of interacting effectively both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to obtain support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders; create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies, and decision makers.
- Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly.Ability to see the "big picture" without losing attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
- Working knowledge of SAS or SQL programming and literacy with Microsoft Office software required
Already a member? Sign In