Risk Advisory Manager
Charlotte, NC, USA | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
What your days looks like:
- Lead a team responsible for supporting our growing Internal Audit practice across industries including Manufacturing, Technology, Pharma, Public Sector, and Financial Services. Limited domestic travel possible based on interest.
- Lead internal audit projects across the landscape of risks including financial reporting, operations, compliance and fraud.
- Never the same day twice.Run point on a diverse array of projects: ICFR, SOX, forensics, compliance review, business process improvement, and risk analytics.
- Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations based on thorough understanding of business processes and audit work performed.
- Ensure project quality control and oversight management of client engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning, execution, and direction while managing to budget.
- Support the development of new services and solutions, including data analytics, process automation, compliance management systems, and targeted audit solutions.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and senior associates.
- Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client’s business needs while developing productive working relationships with client personnel in order to accomplish audit objectives.
- Learn and understand the Firm and its professional service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify potential opportunities to apply Cherry Bekaert's services.
- Travel to client locations (average of 10% throughout the year). Majority of travel is within our footprint in the Eastern Standard Time zone.
The ideal fit has a strong background in all of the following:
- Internal Audit and/or compliance experience in any of our target industries including: Manufacturing, Technology, Pharma, Public Sector, and Financial Services.
- Avid problem solver with an aversion of doing the same thing twice.
- Ability to understand complex processes and programs using your experience in accounting, systems, data, and compliance.
- Solid internal control experience including application across regulations including SOX, A-123, Green Book and related frameworks including COSO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication capable of managing projects, client expectations and deliverable development.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CIA, CPA or CMA credential preferred
- 5+ years of experience working as an Internal Auditor, Compliance Analyst/Officer or Risk Advisor for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm or similar.
- Strong risk management experience able to support the writing reports of control descriptions, internal control findings and recommendations.
- Ability to serve on and manage multiple Internal Audit engagements at a time, working with team members throughout our firm.
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical, regulatory and industry knowledge.
- Interest in business development and recruiting.
Nice to have:
- Progressive use of data capabilities to improve servicing operations. May include process automation, data analytics techniques and/or workflow management systems.
- Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States.
- Available for Work Sponsorship: No
What we offer you:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Competitive compensation and extensive training opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Already a member? Sign In