Risk Advisory SOX Manager
Charlotte, NC, USA | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a place to learn, a place to grow, and a place to stay. We are a full-service public accounting and consulting firm with offerings in offices throughout the Southeast and into the Southwest. With growing industry expertise, a strong support system, and our team’s shared values, we encourage you to choose the path that best suits you because at Cherry Bekaert, your career is about you. Join the Firm that recognizes the power of the individual.
We believe in and promote an environment where our people are excited and engaged to contribute their best. Cherry Bekaert strives to exhibit a culture of inclusiveness and diversity in our offices by involving all of our people and their unique, individual perspectives in our business. We want all of our employees to feel a sense of belonging by welcoming and appreciating the uniqueness that each individual brings to the firm.
The Risk Advisory Services (RAS) team at Cherry Bekaert is growing and we are looking for talented individuals to be a part of it. Apply to join our team as an Internal Audit Manager in the Nashville, TN, Tysons Corner, VA, or Raleigh, NC offices. As a member of the RAS team, you will help clients protect and enhance the value of their businesses by leveraging their system of internal controls to enable growth, manage risk, and define sustainable operations.
What your day looks like as a RAS Manager:
As a SOX Manager, you will lead teams in the performance of risk consulting and accounting consulting engagements to effectively manage operational risk, regulatory risk, fraud risk and risk related to financial reporting. You will focus on projects specific to internal controls over financial reporting and business transaction processing including SOX and operational audits.Day to day tasks may include:
- Lead internal audit projects specific to internal audit operations and regulatory compliance, with a particular focus on internal controls over financial reporting subject to SEC regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Experience with several of the following business processes: Procure To Pay, Order To Cash, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Leases, Stock-based Compensation, Payroll, Taxation, Debt, Period Close & Financial Reporting, and IT general controls.
- Rationalize internal controls for our clients to focus on risks of material misstatement and optimize client system of internal control.
- Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations based on thorough understanding of business processes and related risks.
- Help clients manage risk by recommending improved control design intended to satisfy regulatory requirements efficiently.
- Work effectively with external auditors of our clients to ensure a seamless client delivery experience and achieve efficiencies across internal and external audit
- Ensure project quality control and oversight management of client engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning, execution, and direction while managing budget
- Support the development of new services and solutions including data analytics, process automation, compliance management systems, and targeted audit solutions
- Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client’s business needs while developing productive working relationships with client personnel to accomplish audit objectives
- Learn and understand the Firm and its professional service lines
- Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify potential opportunities to apply Cherry Bekaert's services
- Effectively leading and managing a team of professionals, including reviewing associates’ work assignments and providing feedback
- Contribute to the internal development of the practice, including process improvement or operations
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or relevant industry experience
- CPA credential required
- 5+ years of experience working as an Internal Auditor, External Auditor or in similar public accounting and advisory role
- In depth knowledge of SOX, PCAOB Standards, external audit methodologies, and internal control methodologies (COSO, COBIT, etc.)
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple clients
- Strong risk management experience able to support writing reports of control descriptions, internal control findings and recommendations
- Ability to serve on and manage multiple Internal Audit engagements at a time, working with team members throughout our firm
- Demonstrated experience in applying relevant technical, regulatory and industry knowledge
- Demonstrates business development skills needed to grow the practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication capable of managing projects, client expectations and deliverable development
- Travel may be required (approx. 15% pending prevailing public health guidelines)
Nice to have:
- Progressive use of data capabilities to improve servicing operations, including process automation, data analytics techniques and/or workflow management systems
- Knowledge of servicing platforms common to the industry
- Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States.
- Available for Work Sponsorship: No
What we offer you:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Competitive compensation and extensive training opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Already a member? Sign In