RN Director of Quality Management
Oklahoma City, OK, USA | United Surgical Partners International
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Director of Quality Management oversees the departmental functions of all quality management services in the hospital including Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, Staff Education, Employee Health, and Infection Control. The Director implements the JCAHO Performance Improvement Program through an ongoing program that objectively and systematically monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursues opportunities to improve patient care, and assists in the resolution of problems that are identified. The Director is actively involved in department activities, trans disciplinary team activities, and OCOM activities to ensure individualized, patient- centered health care for all patient populations admitted to OCOM Hospital.
Key tasks and responsibilities (essential functions):
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected.
2. Works with the Medical Staff and Administration to assure compliance with all regulatory agencies, Medical Staff, and related committees regarding Quality Management requirements.
3. Provides support to the Medical Executive Committee and serves on or chairs hospital support committees. Coordinates Quality Management Department interactions with other hospital departments.
4. Develops and manages programs for risk elimination and risk control with emphasis on increased quality of patient care and medical services.
5. Administers the overall Patient Safety/Infection Control/Staff Education programs.
Follow up on all customer/patient concerns, comments, complaints, and or suggestions.
Continuous improvement of activities and education for staff and management. Select projects to teach better quality and improvement.
Train staff in updated work instructions and new problem-solving techniques, such as EDGE.
Schedule, train, and supervise quality assurance for staff and managers.
Plans, develops, and maintains the Infection Control Program; initiates review/revision of Infection Control policies and procedures.
6. Work with other senior members of the hospital to design and develop new procedures.
7. Develop and maintain quality control budget and work with other hospital management team to improve quality, ensure safety, and reduce facility waste to increase profitability. To ensure the quality of care, this may include visiting patients/customers to find areas for improvement or changes in quality of care specifications.
Licensure and Certification:
BCLS, if not current, certification within 90 days of hire.
Current clinical license in state where currently practicing preferred
Minimum three years progressive clinical and/or administrative experience in a hospital with quality focus. 2. Prior supervisory or management experience in a related healthcare field.
Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred; graduate of an approved registered nurse program preferred.
Environmental and physical requirements - The employee works in a temperature controlled environment.Candidate must be able to read and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading, computer skills, and communication skills to deal well with the public (customers) as well as peers. Vision for near, mid-range, and far accommodation.Hearing for low, medium and high pitch.Job requires sitting for 70% of activities with minimal up and down activity.Job risk include exposure to computer for 6-7 hours per day with typing activities, lifting of 20-30 pounds maximum, potential for exposure to blood and body fluids (minimal), and exposure to infectious disease.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In