Sales Development Program (Inside Sales) - Surgical
Vernon Hills, IL, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Based in our Vernon Hills office; Northwest Suburb of Chicago.
This is a groundbreaking opportunity to join a growing medical device company, become a seasoned sales representative, gain exposure to other facets of the business, and be provided future growth opportunities to advance your career.
Throughout this development program you will be coached and developed by your manager to become a future Territory Manager (Outside Sales) with BD; throughout various locations across the country.
The sales representative is responsible for driving sales to new and/or existing customers through telephone contact (80%) or face to face (20%) to meet individual and organizational sales objectives and to meet/exceed given annual sales quota.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing, prospecting, and building relationships within an assigned territory in order to increase revenue growth and customer satisfaction. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts. Includes the sale of medical supplies and devices that have a medium length sales cycle.
- Responsible for the management of the sales pipeline and monthly forecasting of the business
- Responsible for presenting quarterly business updates to the business units executive leadership team
- Attend National Sales Meetings, where recognition for top performers is awarded.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 1-3 years of sales experience preferred
- The sales representative is responsible for driving sales to new and/or existing customers through telephone contact (80%) or face to face (20%) to meet individual and organizational sales objectives and to meet/exceed given annual sales quota.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Will consider recent graduates with a minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Ideal candidates will be able to consider future relocation opportunities for growth into outside field sales in various markets around the country.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In