Senior Android Developer
Minneapolis, MN, USA | U.S. Bank Wealth Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Android Application Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
This individual will be responsible for development and support of the bank’s mobile banking retail application. The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution.
As a Senior Android Application Developer you will:
• Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk
• Participate in application architecture functions including estimating and defining time tables, cost and project tasks
• Recommend solutions to improve business with a focus on core architecture, technology strategies and standards
• Guide others through change impact analysis
• Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
• Review, analyze, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
• Create and recommend improvements to unit, test plans and testing process based on assessment of organizational needs
• Collaborate closely with teams in all stages of software development lifecycle including design, development and testing of the system
• Design basic and detailed program specifications while ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved by managing interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
• Guide technical staff and business partners to investigate, review, and solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems
• Monitor operating efficiency and organizational needs of existing application systems and identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of developed projects and recommend technical solutions
• Demonstrate solid understanding of the business needs driving the projects
-Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
-At least seven years of experience with developing and implementing applications
-Design and develop Android native for mobile phones, and tablets
-Strong Experience in native Android frameworks (API, unit testing, deployment, etc.)
-Experience with Android UI
-Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin
-Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization
-Strong object oriented programming, design skills, and computer science fundamentals
-Demonstrated success in delivering complex full stack mobile applications across native and server-side components
-Familiarity with version control systems (Git, Svn,)
-Familiarity with build systems (gradle, maven), CI tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus)
-Skills in problem solving and algorithms Ability to switch among multiple projects, multiple languages, and multiple IDEs in short periods of time (and some time in the same period of time)
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team
-Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies.
-Familiarity with Agile methodologies (especially Scrum)
-Experience in Enterprise Software Development
-Passion for creating world class mobile user experience
-Direct work in applications that serve a very large number of users along with handling highly secure information.
Already a member? Sign In