Senior Android Developer
Minneapolis, MN, USA | U.S. Bank Wealth Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Android Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
This individual will be responsible for development and support of the bank’s mobile banking retail application. The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution.
The Senior Android Developer will execute true end-to-end development and testing of android native applications for mobile phones and tablets in an agile lifecycle. Partnering with key technical and business stakeholders, the agile developer will help refine the product vision, estimate and design a solution, create, purchase, or customize the requisite hardware and software to create the solution, ensure the quality of the final product through manual and automated tests, and support the new software as it is moved to production
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- At least eight years of work experience in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership
-Design and develop Android native for mobile phones, and tablets
-Strong Experience in native Android frameworks (API, unit testing, deployment, etc.)
-Experience with Android UI
-Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin
-Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization
-Strong object oriented programming, design skills, and computer science fundamentals
-Demonstrated success in delivering complex full stack mobile applications across native and server-side components
-Familiarity with version control systems (Git, Svn,)
-Familiarity with build systems (gradle, maven), CI tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus)
- DevOps capabilities – containers, cloud, automation, security, configuration management, CI/CD
-Skills in problem solving and algorithms Ability to switch among multiple projects, multiple languages, and multiple IDEs in short periods of time (and some time in the same period of time)
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team
-Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies.
-Familiarity with Agile methodologies (especially Scrum)
-Experience in Enterprise Software Development
-Passion for creating world class mobile user experience
-Direct work in applications that serve a very large number of users along with handling highly secure information.
The Corporate Audit Services Senior Auditor is primarily responsible for completing audit engagement assignments with minimal supervision from the audit team management. The Senior Auditor is expected to understand risk and risk management techniques, identify and analyze business processes, key risks and critical controls, and evaluate control design adequacy; perform or supervise control testing; and document work performed in conformance with internal audit policies and procedures.
1. Assisting the audit team management in planning audit engagements. Includes understanding risk and risk management techniques; identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; interviewing auditees; and evaluating control design adequacy.
2. Performing or supervising staff auditors in the testing of controls based on audit program directions. Includes using appropriate sampling and control testing techniques; identifying and assessing the relevancy of possible issues; and documenting work performed to support audit scope/conclusions, to facilitate an efficient review, and to meet internal audit policies and procedures.
3. Drafting audit issues under the supervision of the audit team management. Includes drafting potential exposures and significance, identifying appropriate root causes, and developing recommendations that are operationally effective and cost-effective actions to address those causes.
4. Assisting the audit team management in the reporting and wrap-up phases of audits. Includes assisting with drafting audit reports.
5. Learning from and applying coaching received.
6. Performing other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of applicable experience
1. Relevant Financial Service Industry knowledge (e.g., Credit, Models, Regulatory Compliance, Lending, Operations, Trust, Treasury, Merchant Acquiring, Credit Cards [consumer and corporate], etc.).
2. Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
3. CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation or advanced degree.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
Already a member? Sign In