Senior Associate, Office of the CFO Services
Chicago, IL, USA | CBIZ
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
About our Business
CBIZ CMF, a 100+ person national consulting practice, is the dedicated private equity advisory division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ).We are focused on providing private equity groups and their related portfolio companies with consulting services and solutions focused on (i) deal advisory; and (ii) performance management & improvement.Our team embraces a collaborative, client-centric approach to architecting and delivering on projects driven by ongoing transactions, transitions and transformations within our client base.We believe that the diverse perspectives of all our team members help to drive innovation and transformative results for our business. We are entrepreneurially minded and operate as a meritocracy, promoting and compensating team members based upon performance and potential.
Our clients are benefitted by additional scope and scale provided through CBIZ, which has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across North America, focused on providing top-level financial and employee focused professional services to organizations of all sizes.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
About the Role
The Senior Associate will be a full-time permanent consultant supporting the Office of the CFO services.The Senior Associate will perform a variety of core accounting and finance related activities to support our clients, primarily middle-market private equity backed portfolio companies.Within the Office of the CFO services, the Senior Associate will serve as a resource and trusted advisor to our clients, providing guidance on a wide array of business, finance and accounting related matters faced by middle-market companies throughout the investment lifecycle. The travel expectations for this role ranges between 80-100%.
- Excellent foundational consulting skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate confidently and effectively using a variety of styles, strong analytical skills, a professional presence and solid presentation skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and exposure to controllership activities including transactional accounting, monthly close, financial statement preparation and board level reporting
- Strong attention to detail and capability of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in Big 4 Public Accounting preferred
- 1+ years working in a corporate accounting environment in preferred
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Already a member? Sign In