Senior Backend Software Engineer
Anywhere, OR, USA | Procore
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry. In this role, you’ll join our highly collaborative Product and Engineering organization to drive the technical direction of our projects.
This position can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
• Be part of a team that drives innovation to fundamentally change how construction professionals encounter and use the Procore mobile apps
• Partner with seasoned Product, Design, and Engineering leaders to enable product lead growth offerings on the mobile platforms
• Develop key components to support identity, authentication, and mobile engagement features
• Serve as a leader and mentor to more junior engineers within your team
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
• 5+ years experience in Saas / PaaS applications backend engineering (OOP, Ruby/Rails, Java, etc.)
• Experience in working and developing APIs through REST and gRPC or GraphQL
• Experience designing and building software in a Service-Oriented Architecture
• Experience with test-driven development and architecture design principles
• Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
• Strong experience documenting and bringing team clarity to complex solutions
• A curious mind that is driven to innovate, solve customer problems and maintain a strong sense of ownership
Already a member? Sign In