Senior Business Development Manager
New York City, NY, USA | Verisk
Job Description:81 people have viewed this job
- Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
- Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
- Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
- We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
- At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
- Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
- It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
- At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
- At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The New York City-based Wood Mackenzie Sales team is seeking a new addition to the team.In this role, you will be responsible for managing existing relationships and selling our research & consulting services to the largest Hedge Funds, Banks, Commodity Traders and Government entities. We’re looking for motivated and engaging applicants that have experience and a keen interest in the short term energy commodities sector.Successful members of our group are self-starters, creative thinkers and adept networkers.You will be asked to learn markets quickly and interface with clients from day one.Come join a fantastic research company with an industry-leading reputation that’s on the cutting edge of the energy transition.
About the Role
- The Sales & Business Development team drives sales execution and performance across existing and new accounts. You will be instrumental for the achievement of sales targets as well as the effective use of resources to achieve such targets. Your client portfolio will include a diverse set of customers in key Wood Mackenzie markets. This is your opportunity to truly partner with the firm’s clients.
- The successful applicant needs to be highly results-driven, demonstrate excellent account management skills, rigorous application of process and procedure, as well as strong commercial acumen in the development of their sales portfolio. He/she must also demonstrate strong orientation towards understanding client needs, communicating value, as well as a high level of teaming skills in working with groups such as Consulting, Research & Client Solutions.
- This is a truly exciting time join Wood Mackenzie with the creation of our new analytics platform Lens, the addition of Genscape’s real-time commodity monitoring capabilities, and the formation of our new Energy Transition Practice.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
Delivering the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Developing and driving a comprehensive client specific strategy considering macro & micro economic factors that could impact the customer buying cycle
Growth and New Client Development
- Pro-actively manages and maximizes the commercial growth of the portfolio aligned with regional priorities, establishing a true commercial partnering relationship with the clients
- Successfully identifying and delivering to customers amongst the portfolio that present the best opportunity for growth through cross-selling, upselling and new product offerings
- Represent Wood Mackenzie at conferences and professional organizations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities, following up leads and introductions established to build future opportunities
- Providing thought leadership articles and snapshots to potential clients
- Effective client engagement and commercial partnering. Having a deep understanding of critical client business and growth potential and how the Wood Mackenzie suite of solutions supports the client’s growth
- Focusing on a continuous improvement client service. Providing timely feedback to the business and innovative ideas of how to improve our service to customers inside of assigned portfolio
- Support and drive new product and service development launches
- Effective senior level client engagement
- To be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders and the voice of Wood Mackenzie to the customer
- Effective partnering with the broader organization to include marketing, training, client services, research and consulting
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- Have at least 7 years of experience as an Account Manager or other client facing sales role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Have an intellectual curiosity for the short term energy commodity markets that drive you to understand how they work and how Wood Mackenzie’s research and data empower strategic decisions for our clients.
- Be empathetic and deeply curious about our clients’ businesses.You must be an excellent communicator, a skilled problem-solver, and a great listener.
- Have an understanding for how data and analysis solve critical business issues
- Have a proven commercial track record across multiple accounts, developing clients and establishing trusted advisor relationships
- Be an energetic and tactful negotiator and demonstrate results-oriented mind-set.
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment in resource utilization and optimization, delegating where appropriate.
- Be passionate about growing the business and have a genuine interest in developing yourself and the team.
- Show strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload
- Have used CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate salesforce forecasting
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Already a member? Sign In