Denver, CO, USA | Idex
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
The Senior Buyer identifies material and production requirements based on demand and safety stock plus coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services for the organization. The role is responsible for negotiating with suppliers and managing supplier performance. The role also includes being the sourcing point of contact for the new product development teams.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Timely review of MRP messages to identify production requirements and take appropriate action such as placing purchase orders and expediting when necessary. Track supplier delivery to ensure on time delivery of key raw materials and components.
- Identify and input into MRP system appropriate safety stock based on run rate, forecasts, supplier lead time, and supplier performance.
- Coordinates Lean Manufacturing techniques with suppliers and BAND-IT manufacturing: Kan Ban, Kaizen Events, etc.
- Troubleshoot material problems and determines appropriate action when working with BAND-IT engineer. Address material problems in a timely manner to ensure BAND-IT continues to meet delivery commitments to our customers.
- Input purchase orders into MRP system; reviews all pertinent information for accuracy.
- Maintain accurate supplier lead times and negotiate supplier inventory where it makes sense.
- Provide supplier communication to resolve issues with purchase orders and invoices. Includes interacting with Receiving and vendors to resolve count discrepancies and account payables to resolve pricing discrepancies.
- Interacts with Receiving Inspection regarding non-conforming parts and process returns when necessary. Relays information on non-conforming parts to suppliers and creates debit memos for any parts being returned.
- Research global suppliers to find the optimal suppliers and identify cost reduction opportunities by working with a cross-functional team.
- Negotiates with suppliers to receive best possible pricing and develop a cost savings funnel to achieve productivity goals annually.
- Provide feedback on engineering change requests and ensure appropriate communication is provided to the affected suppliers. Including but not limited to providing updated engineering drawings when necessary.
- Participate in new product development meetings as the sourcing point of contact. Identify suppliers to achieve cost target and provide cost for the new product bill of materials.
- Negotiate supplier agreements and terms and conditions by working with IDEX legal team and supplier contracts.
- Interacts with Design Engineers on prototypes to set pricing and delivery.
- Participates in the continuous improvement process by presenting problems and possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- All other duties assigned by Manger
Knowledge, Skills And Required Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years purchasing and/or planning experience
- Minimum of one year purchasing experience in a new product development environment
- Supplier negotiation experience
- Computer/keyboard skills
- Experience using an MRP system
- Strong interpersonal skills
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of related professional work experience
- Graduate degree preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Prior experience in credit and collections in a business to business environment
- Excellent computer and technological skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications preferred
- Proven success in collection efforts in a firm and professional manner despite any adversarial confrontations that may arise in the process
- Demonstrated experience in process improvements and automation of systems
- Working knowledge of JDE & Collection Modules preferred
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of time is spent sitting.
- Requires use of hands and arms at least 60% of the time.
- Lifting requirements are generally less than 10 lbs. Manual lifting could reach the company maximum of 50 lbs.
- Climate-controlled office environment.
- Noise exposure is light to moderate.
- Close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are necessary to perform the job functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving: The individual participates in the continuous improvement process by attending meetings and presenting problems and possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- Interpersonal Skills: The individual remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Relationships with Others: The individual works effectively and relates well with others, including superiors and colleagues. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Communication and Contact: The individual communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside the Company.
- Planning/Organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, rotates into other functions as required and manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability : The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. The individual completes all duties as assigned, trains as required, and rotates into other departments as required.
- Safety and Security: The individual actively promotes and personally observes all safety procedures. The individual complies with Environmental, Safety, and Hazardous Communications requirements.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Target Salary: $80,000-$95,000 depending on experience
- Bonus: This position is eligible to participate in our annual bonus program
- Benefits: Health (medical, dental, vision) insurance, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, etc.
Already a member? Sign In