Senior Cloud Architect
Virtual, CA, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Are you interested in helping the large and strategic Public Sector Partners implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Professional Services Partner Practice!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical senior consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We’re obsessed about delivering strong success for our Partners and Customers - we collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams so we deliver the right solution and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
· A strong understanding of cloud computing solutions across the enterprise stack. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical expert and have past experience working as a customer facing consultant and/or subject matter expert on cloud technologies. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead architecture discussions and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create world-class cloud solutions built on AWS.
· A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers in at least one of the following enterprise technology areas: Cloud Adoption; Cloud migration and deployment; Digital Transformation; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management;
· An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write basic scripted or compiled code.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen.
Our Senior Consultants work with our strategic partners locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Senior Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. For Consultants outside the DC area, travel may be up to 50 % time, and for Consultants local to the DC metro area travel may be up to 25% time.
· B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
· Minimum 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
· Demonstrates hands-on technical skills in at least one of the following: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
· Demonstrates experience with software development tools and methodologies, including basic ability to write scripted or compiled code.
· Demonstrates experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
· AWS certification, or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
· Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
· Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Already a member? Sign In