Senior Cloud Consultant - Federal DoD
Herndon Area, VA, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:Consulting - IT
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
Are you interested in helping the U.S. Government implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced Cloud Architects to accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to further your career, while working with some of the best and brightest engineers at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Professional Services Federal Practice!
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We’re obsessed about delivering strong success for our Customers - we collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams so we deliver the right solution and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
· A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical expert and have past experience working with highly scalable distributed systems. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead architecture development and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create world-class cloud solutions built on AWS.
· A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers in at least one of the following enterprise technology areas: Information System Security; AI/ML; infrastructure automation; cloud migration and deployment; application rationalization and modernization; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevSecOps pipeline build and management; storage and virtualization management.
· An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write basic scripted or compiled code.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen for eligibility for a security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active Secret security clearance and satisfy other security related requirements.
Our Cloud Architects work with Federal Government customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. (up to 35%)
· Minimum 5+ years with some or all of design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
· Demonstrated technical skills in at least one of the following: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
· Demonstrated experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
· Demonstrated experience with software development tools and methodologies, including basic ability to write scripted or compiled code.
· Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience require.
· Must have U.S Citizenship for Security Clearance eligibility.
· Ability to attain AWS Associate or Professional Certification within three months of hire. Current Certification a plus.
· Knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance services
· Practical Federal Government project delivery experience.
· Experience in running complex projects and/or building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations with Executives, IT Management, and Developers.
Amazon is a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In