Senior Consultant, CFO Advisory | Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Chicago, IL, USA | FTI Consulting
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring organization, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
Within the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, the Office of the CFO practice offers solutions to manage our client’s CFO inbox for a company and help maximize its performance to position them for success to meet today’s increasing challenges.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Consultant will collaborate with various internal teams and help support and execute client engagements by. You will utilize your engaging and collaborative style to:
•Developing knowledge management, including tools, methodologies, reports, models, work plans, checklists and processes.
• Performing high quality client work and developing client relationships for CFO advisory service assignments, including taking a proactive approach and anticipating client needs
• Assisting with internal practice development and marketing, including developing materials, surveys, events and strategic case studies.
• Helping lead engagement work streams and projects with limited oversight.
• Serve as a positive role model to train, teach, and coach to junior team members.
How You’ll Grow
The performance expectation for our client’s finance function is at a new peak, and the demands placed on a CFO have never been greater.This is where you can step in and make an immediate impact. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with proven, hands-on project delivery experience to work with our Fortune 500 clients to help them plan, design, and execute key financial technologies to streamline their financial operations.
• Undergraduate or Masters’ degree in a Business related major or Economics.
• 3+ years of experience in financial consulting and advisory, in a Corporate rotational program focused on developing financial leaders, or in execution or leadership roles in an industry finance, accounting or FP&A function.
• Experience as an external (or internal consultant) with a CFO advisory background,
• Ability to quickly synthesize and advise on complex financial and operational concepts and issues; and translate those to clear and actionable recommendations and insights.
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel and strong ability to develop financial models with minimal oversight.
• Experience with business intelligence tools and/or data analytics is preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) certification, or MBA is preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 80%.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
Already a member? Sign In