Senior Consultant - Electronics Engineering
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
We are looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer who has “been there and done that” and would like to take that wealth of experience and use it to develop new opportunities where Electronics is a significant enabler. This is a mouldable role that is likely to be at the intersection of technical delivery, technical strategy, technical sales, and project team leadership.
We work on a wide range of product and system developments for a broad range of clients. Within the Industrial, Consumer and Energy (ICE) Division we have talented Electronics Engineers who span all areas of Electronics including High Speed Digital, Analog, Power, RF, Antennas and more.
We are looking to complement this group with someone who can promote these capabilities and help develop new project opportunities that deliver breakthrough technology to existing and new clients. We would like you to bring new ideas on how your skills and experience could be leveraged to deliver on this challenge.
What we can offer
Ideally, we would expect someone in this kind of role to take part in the promotion of Cambridge Consultants as an expert partner for all kinds of development projects, with a bias towards Electronics. Exactly how this would be done is the main challenge in this role and we would welcome your ideas! The ultimate aim would be to shape and deliver projects to new and existing clients, and that would be the metric of success.
You should expect to be involved in project delivery as the Technical Authority / Technical Lead and would be supported by Business Developers, Project Managers, Technical experts, and others as necessary.
What you can bring
- Strong academic background
- A demonstrated history of extensive Electronics Engineering experience
- Prior experience using your systems engineering and leadership skills to drive multidisciplinary project teams towards successful outcomes.
- Great communications skills – with both fellow team members and clients
- A genuine passion for engineering
It would also be great if you already had an established profile in industry.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In