Senior Credit Specialist, Derivatives & Securities - VP / Director
New York, NY, USA | SMBC Group
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:124 people have viewed this job
SMBC Capital Markets is an interest rates derivatives trading company based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. We are a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), one of the leading global banks in Japan.
Our Capital Markets business is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange.We have been in operation for more than 30 years and is a leading market-maker in several markets.
Reporting to the Credit Group Head, the Credit Specialist (VP / Director) will work on the internal credit applications, provide guidance on specific transactions and counterparty credit-related matters. The role will also focus on credit limit requests and renewals, plus credit risk analysis of new businesses for supporting the Front Office.The role will also work closely with our SMBC Nikko Americas business.
SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. is a member of the Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG), one of the world's largest global financial institutions. Based in New York City, we provide financial products and services to global institutional clients, focusing on especially North America and Latin America.We engage in the following business lines with institutional clients：Japan Equities, U.S. Equities, Fixed Income Sales & Trading, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Structured Finance.
• Discuss and advise Marketing and Relationship Management groups globally on derivative and securities related credit lines and for specific derivative transactions for financial institutions, broker-dealers and funds.
• Ensure compliance with the bank's credit policies and procedures through communication with all relevant parties. Update and maintain credit policies and procedures to govern the group's activities and mandates, managing all aspects of the processes.
• Work closely with Marketers (Sales) / Traders
• Bachelor's or higher degree with a Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent, with good academic aptitude. MA / MS / MBA degree / CFA or equivalent preferred.
• For VP: At least 6 to 10 years of specialized experience in Financial Services.For Director: At least 10+ years.
• In-depth knowledge of derivatives and key risks, particularly interest rates and FX products, as well as the securities business.
• Extensive knowledge of credit analysis in one of these areas: corporates, financial institutions, project finance, or specialized lending.
• Credit-oriented training and work experience within a bank preferred.
• Knowledge of U.S. and non-U.S. and international banking laws and regulatory requirements.
• Combination of strong analytical skills, attention to detail, quantitative skills, and strategic and creative thinking.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks while delivering high quality and timely results.
• Leadership, initiative, self-motivation and resourcefulness.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with Bloomberg, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Broadridge, as well as any proprietary-integrated derivative management systems and databases.
Already a member? Sign In