Senior Developer - Android or React
Minneapolis, MN, USA | U.S. Bank Wealth Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:48 people have viewed this job
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking Senior Android Developers and Senior React Developers with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
As a developer, you will be responsible for the development and support of the digital banking application. The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution.
As a Senior Developer you will:
• Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk
• Participate in application architecture functions including estimating and defining time tables, cost and project tasks
• Recommend solutions to improve business with a focus on core architecture, technology strategies and standards
• Guide others through change impact analysis
• Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
• Review, analyze, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
• Create and recommend improvements to unit, test plans and testing process based on assessment of organizational needs
• Collaborate closely with teams in all stages of software development lifecycle including design, development and testing of the system
• Design basic and detailed program specifications while ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved by managing interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
• Guide technical staff and business partners to investigate, review, and solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems
• Monitor operating efficiency and organizational needs of existing application systems and identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of developed projects and recommend technical solutions
• Demonstrate solid understanding of the business needs driving the projects
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least seven years of experience with developing and implementing applications
· Thorough understanding of React.js, Angular and its core principles
· Experience with popular React.js/ Angular workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
· Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
· Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
· Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
-Design, and develop Android native for mobile phones, and tablets
-Strong Experience in native Android frameworks (API, unit testing, deployment, etc.)
-Experience with Android UI
-Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin
-Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization.
-Strong object oriented programming, design skills, and computer science fundamentals.
-Demonstrated success in delivering complex full stack mobile applications across native, and server-side components
-Familiarity with version control systems (Git, Svn, ...),
-Familiarity with build systems (gradle, maven, ...), CI tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus)
-Skills in problem solving and algorithms Ability to switch among multiple projects, multiple languages, and multiple IDEs in short periods of time (and some time in the same period of time)
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team
-Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies.
-Familiarity with Agile methodologies (especially Scrum)
-Experience in Enterprise Software Development
-Passion for creating world class mobile user experience
-Direct work in applications that serve a very large number of users along with handling highly secure information.
Already a member? Sign In