Senior Director, Brand Management Support Focused Service
Shanghai, China | Hilton Worldwide
Industry:Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
The Senior Director, Brand Management Support Focused Service – China serves as the Brand Management Support leader for Hilton's focused service brands in China. This initially will involve directly supporting two critical efforts designed to fuel Focused Service hotel brand growth in Hilton's largest market outside of the United States. The first effort is managing the relationship with our exclusive Master License partner, Plateno Hotel Group, to support ongoing growth and performance of the Hampton by Hilton brand. The second effort is the build-out of the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) Accelerator Program, with a specific focus on shaping and implementing a franchise model across China. Additional focused-service brands may be added to the portfolio over time.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Director, Brand Management Support Focused Service – China, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Managing the Plateno Relationship.
Report, monitor and address (if necessary) all areas of our Plateno Master License Agreement including but not limited to:brand standards, quality assurance, customer satisfaction, development milestones, program fee usage, commercial support etc.
Responsible to ensure full MLA adherence is being met including fee payments and milestone thresholds
Serve as our key liaison for the Hampton Plateno relationship in China with all Hilton departments (i.e. IT, Hilton Honors, Global Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, Guest Assistance, Training, Quality Assurance, AC&D, Development, Supply Management, Risk Management, Legal, etc.)
Identify enterprise and brand level programs, which would be feasible and beneficial to implement at Hampton by Hilton China.
Work with Plateno and internal partners to help implement; collaborate with internal partners to find alternative solutions when necessary
Support the large scale strategic Hilton Garden Inn Accelerator Program
Build out the Brand Performance Support function in China to support our Hilton Garden Inn managed portfolio, franchise owners and general managers – leverage learnings from the US and EMEA approach, and adapt the support model as necessary
Identify enterprise and/or brand level programs which are feasible and beneficial to implement at Hilton Garden Inn China, then work with the key stakeholders to help implement
Organize, schedule and facilitate regular brand updates and in person meetings between key internal and external stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of the brand and its positioning in the marketplace
Take a holistic approach to ensuring the appropriate delivery of our Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn owner value proposition and consumer positioning
As the focused service portfolio expands, implement a phased multi-year focused service brand management support model for franchised and managed Hilton Garden Inn hotels to likely include several areas over time:
•Hotel leader support which serves as a first point of contact for hotel leaders and provides coaching, acts a strategic consultant and develops tools to drive self-sufficiency
•Performance support which focuses on: 1) driving market share and elevating service scores, 2) deploying targeted support for distressed assets, risk markets and high value assets and 3) ensuring adoption of key revenue producing programs including paid services
•Performance management support which focuses on identifying brand-wide performance gaps, and developing a tool kit for owners and hotel leaders to close those respective gaps
•Openings support ensuring owners and GMs are fully trained and have all the necessary support tools to successfully open and operate a focused service hotel
•Owner support and engagement to understand owner sentiment and satisfaction, evaluate and monitor whether we are providing premium returns and adjusting strategies as needed
•Internal and external communications to have a disciplined and structured approach to communicating important information to owners and General Managers
•Brand hospitality to bring to life our Hilton Customer Promise and Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Hospitality Programs
Develop and implement processes and measurement tool to ensure a consistent delivery of our brand value propositions across all Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn hotels, including ensuring a highly compelling owner ROI
Implement agreed Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn brand strategies and objectives
Execute brand strategies and objectives by:
•Providing input as needed to drive changes to China brand standards in order to better tailor our offerings to the Chinese consumer
•Working with key matrix-aligned stakeholders and departments (Development, Owner Relations, Legal, Finance, Sales/Marketing, Human Resources, Brands, Loss Prevention) to accomplish brand objectives
•Adapting brand initiatives as needed, and aligned on, to the local market
•Communicating all new brand and, as applicable, enterprise initiatives to key stakeholders
•Driving the implementation of brand and, where applicable, enterprise initiatives
Monitor key brand performance indicators including but not limited to (guest satisfaction, RevPAR Index, EBITDA contribution, Quality Assurance, system size growth, GOP and owner profitability etc.); identify opportunities for performance improvement and work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions (e.g. commercial, brand, legal, marketing etc.)
Collect feedback from owners and team members to enable the Hilton enterprise to better understand the needs of owners and team members in the China focused service segment.
Plan and implement brand events including but not limited to focused service owner and general manager meetings.
Review and makes appropriate adjustments in departmental expenses throughout the year to ensure optimal financial results.
Oversee proper controls to ensure that maximum financial returns, productivity levels and operations efficiencies are achieved.
Ensure business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan, if needed
A Senior Director, Brand Management Support Focused Service – China will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• Ability to build and maintain effective relations with internal partners, owners, management companies and hotel leadership teams
• Ability to prioritize work load and handle multiple projects
• Ability to direct collaborative efforts throughout the Hilton organization, including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering company goals
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, as well as excellent written communication skills
• Ability to analyze departmental financial data as required in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
• Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
• Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
• Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities; includes adherence to organisation's standards for performance feedback.
• Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate
• Strong knowledge of hotel operations, sales & marketing, food & beverage, human resources and hotel financial processes and analysis
• Computer literacy with specific proficiency in Word for Windows word processing software, Excel spreadsheet software, Access database and PowerPoint digital presentation graphics software
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
• Minimum Education: BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum Years of Related Experience: 7-9 years' experience leading unit or projects in matrix-based organization
• Any Licenses or Certificates Required: N/A
• Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): Up to 50% of the time; Must be fluent in Mandarin and English
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Education: BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum Years of Experience: 7-9 years' experience leading global unit or projects in a global matrix-based organization
• Prior hospitality experience
• Prior franchising experience
• Prior focused service segment experience
Already a member? Sign In