Senior Director, Business Continuity
Remote, NY, USA | Travelers
Industry:Insurance - General
Consulting - IT
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$129,800.00 – $214,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is seeking a Business Continuity (BC) Senior Director who will be responsible for overall effectiveness of the enterprise BC program, in alignment with the governing bodies and stakeholders across the enterprise Business Resilience (BR) program consisting of Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery, as well as Business Continuity. In this leadership position, you will develop and manage BC Policies and Standards, and participate in the ongoing development of the BR strategy and toolset utilized across the enterprise. You will have leadership accountability for monitoring compliance, mitigating risks and improving enterprise preparedness for any type of event or crisis that maybe disruptive to the business. You will ensure close alignment and support for the enterprise Business Resiliency Risk Committee including but not limited to the quarterly updates on program maturity and risk mitigations.
This position may require monthly travel to Hartford, CT.
This position will have direct reports.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and enhances the operating model and overall effectiveness of the enterprise Business Continuity program, in alignment with the governing bodies and stakeholders across the enterprise Business Resilience program consisting of Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery, as well as Business Continuity. Supports the ongoing development of the Business Resiliency strategy and toolset utilized across the enterprise.
- Working closely with the enterprise Business Resiliency (BR) leader, establishes and drives strategy for enterprise BR that includes Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management programs, and deliver quarterly updates to the enterprise BR Risk Committee regarding program maturity and risk mitigation.
- Provides oversight and compliance monitoring to ensure adherence to Policies and Standards. Collaborates with business continuity teams within the business areas to solicit input and drive Business Continuity process enhancements.
- Ensures that the opportunities identified to decrease business risk and increase recovery capabilities in the event of a disaster for all resources, are fully understood and communicated to the business leaders and included as part of the Business Resiliency Risk Reporting. Escalates issues with findings that are not being addressed appropriately by the business management.
- Influences and escalates, as appropriate to business partners in the importance of risk management in their contingency and recovery planning, including the preparedness of operational risks (i.e. system and telephony failures). Ensures ongoing training of program requirements and supporting tools.
- Drives the testing strategy and development of relevant scenarios for annual business and enterprise exercises, define the annual schedule and ensures lessons learned reviews, documentation, and tracking of identified issues and mitigations.
- Ensures appropriate oversight for actual business continuity events; including facilitating lessons learned activities and resulting program enhancements.
- Ensures compliance monitoring of daily/monthly/quarterly and ad hoc reports and dashboards. Updates data discrepancies identified in reports and systems.
- Proactively researches regulatory best practices and/or requirements and provides details to management to enhance the program. Collaborates with peers locally and nationally to share knowledge.
- Provides management oversight for team of enterprise Business Continuity Consultants who collaborate with Business Continuity stakeholders across the enterprise and ensures appropriate business outcomes.
- Provides assistance and mentoring to other internal departments and Business Continuity team. Builds and maintains productive relationships. Serves as partner and risk management resource.
- May include all or the majority but not limited to these components.
- Seven years of professional work experience
- In addition, 1 year of people management experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eight or more years of experience in Risk Management, Audit, IT Security, Supply Chain Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, or Crisis Management or related experience.
- Professional designation (ABCP, CFCP, or CBCI), or advanced degree in Business Continuity field.
- Experience leading implementation of, or significant enhancements to enterprise program in a large organization.
- Demonstrated success in leadership and people management experience.
- Executive level communications and presentation experience.
- Proven ability to influence without authority.
- Working knowledge of industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results. Must be self-motivated and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines. Aggressive self-starter who drives for results.
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands. Learn quickly, demonstrate initiative and adapt / adjust to shifting priorities.
- Supports and enterprise program. Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Influences others without formal authority.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Already a member? Sign In