Senior Director, Clinical Resource Management
Nashville, TN, USA | HealthTrust Purchasing Group
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
Are you an experienced Clinical Resource Management Professional with leadership experience in the Operating Room or Surgical Services areas?Come join HealthTrust as a Sr. Director, Clinical Resource Management on our Clinical Resource Management team!
HealthTrust, an affiliated company of HCA Healthcare, is committed to performance improvement across the healthcare continuum. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your rewards and benefits customizable to your needs. Some unique offerings include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
At HealthTrust, you have the opportunity to make a difference. Every associate in our organization has an impact on patients’ lives. We are looking for an experienced Senior Director, Clinical Resource Management to be a part of our winning team.
The Senior Director, Clinical Resource Management is responsible for leading, development and implementation of a strategic supply expense management program for an independent hospital to an integrated delivery network (IDN) that supports supply chain initiatives.This position is responsible for reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing comprehensive clinical and utilization protocols, developing and executing the product standardization plan for the hospital or system assigned. This position is also responsible for recruiting, directing, managing and evaluating the facility or system Clinical Resource Management Program.This position is responsible for building strategic alliances with Hospital Executive Staff, and Clinical Department Directors as it relates to successfully executing the Supply Chain Operations Plan.
Your responsibilities as the Sr. Director, Clinical Resource Management include:
- Provides leadership in the area of supply expense management to contribute to the facility or IDNs overall strategic plan especially as it relates to supply expense.
- Assess and provide leadership in the area of supply expense to guide and support organization’s strategy.
- Assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data and make strategic recommendations and executes a course of action.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates within the hospital or system:
- Policies and procedures related to supply cost management and supply chain operations.
- Value Analysis
- Clinical Resource Management Program
- Product standardization and utilization
- Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges.
- Continuously defines and improves customer solutions.
- Coordinates the development and delivery of customer solutions.
- Provides educational opportunities to customers.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within HealthTrust, Parallon Supply Chain Solutions and organization’s leadership and staff.
Financial and Clinical Data
- Establishes and meets supply expense savings goals for customers as requested.
- Collaborates with organizations to ensure that the team can track and analyze financial data.
- Provides cost saving enhancement strategies.
- Develops standardized documents, processes, and calculations for use by the supply expense management team to quantify supply savings solutions.
- Demonstrates financial acumen which includes:
- Interpreting a hospital’s spend profile to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review of hospital’s monthly financial reports to determine negative and positive variances.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a basic return on investment model for new programs and additional staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze financial and clinical performance data to identify variation opportunities and make recommendations to the team and organization in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Achieves financial objectives of the business line through managing operational expenses and updating revenue projections.
- Manage projects within scope, time and budget.
- Provides expense saving enhancement strategies.
- Executes on established clinical supply expense improvement agenda incorporating cost, quality and outcomes.
- Drives clinical supply expense improvement through the development and deployment of standard toolkits, processes, and assessments.This includes a continual process to review and update of these toolkits, processes, and assessments.
- Demonstrates an understanding of project management methodologies which include but are not limited to: common processes, setting milestones, practices and tools associated with project management.
- Guides multiple projects and team members simultaneously in a fast paced environment that yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Defines a vision, identifies milestones of success, identifies current gaps, determines whom to work and partner, sets actionable goals, and consistently achieves those goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise within Value Analysis in healthcare.
- Applies strong data analysis skills to translate into an actionable plan, with strategic objectives.
- Leads and develops the supply expense management team providing direction, coaching and appraising performance.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills which includes understanding issues, able to simply and process complex issues, understanding the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Serve as the external face for the company and presents at industry events as needed.
- What you need to be considered for the Sr. Director, Clinical Resource Management position:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Health Administration, or Nursing is required.Master's or higher degree is highly preferred such as an MSN, MBA, MHA, MS Pharmacy, or PharmD.
- 5+ years’ experience in a health care related role with experience directly related to Hospital Operating Room or Surgical Service areas.
- Previous experience in supply chain, value analysis, clinical supply expense management, or sourcing required.
- Clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
- Large Hospital system experience highly preferred.
HealthTrust strengthens provider performance and supports clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. With headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, we serve over 1,600 hospitals and health systems, and more than 43,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
We operate as a limited partnership with HCA Healthcare as the managing general partner. Our membership roster is split equally between for-profit and not for profit hospitals across the U.S. and the U.K.
As a HealthTrust associate, you will join the HCA Healthcare family 270,000+ strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for this opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Already a member? Sign In