Senior Director, Cloud Partner Strategy
Atlanta, GA, USA | VMware
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:95 people have viewed this job
The leader of, Cloud Strategy is a strategic role defining VMware’s overall partner cloud strategy acting as a trusted advisor to the Global Channel Chief and our business units. A successful candidate will understand in depth the cloud market, cloud operational process and how partners can drive customer adoption and consumption. Candidates must be able to define a strategic vision for the business, identify opportunities for cloud growth as well as optimization of existing cloud businesses.
This is a highly strategic position and the ideal candidate is a business leader with an exceptional track record of driving channel business growth by leveraging synergies with key partners. The role requires a balance between strategy, big picture thinking, and rigor in executing on current business priorities. This requires experience working with sales, product business units and a deep understanding of the field and partner organizations. We seek a talented leader who can motivate, lead and drive our core sales and partner ecosystem on how to monetize and accelerate their business with VMware in the Cloud.
This leader would be responsible for working across and driving a consolidated partner program across Solutions Providers, System Integrators and Managed Services with our portfolio of solutions around cloud. This role will have principle responsibility to accelerate our partner scale and capacity of cloud services leveraging our channel ecosystem across today’s partner silos.
This leader will also have the opportunity to define what the future state of their organization should be and staff accordingly.
Deliverables include maintaining a current point of view on the cloud market size and growth rates, partnering with the leaders of each business unit to create a consolidated cloud strategy and working with the partner sales leaders in the field to monitor the health. Ideal candidate would understand applying cloud strategies to a new cloud business as well as moving existing product lines to the cloud.Since this leadership role is highly matrixed, the ideal candidate will have a track record of cross-group collaboration and delivering results in a matrixed organization.The candidate will report into the Vice President of Partner Sales Acceleration.
· Overall accountability for a single VMware partner cloud strategy and guiding principles
· Identify opportunities to accelerate cloud growth through VMware partner ecosystem
· Accountability for net revenue, consuming customers and host hours as metrics of success
· Global account strategy, solution, and relationship liaison for Amazon Web Services, VMware Business Units and Alliance organizations
· Ensure execution in the partner community of joint sales plays driving better together examples across joint solutions
· Communicate & Implement cloud strategy internally and externally so that employees, partners, and suppliers understand strategic plan
· Be the coordination point for Amazon Web Services GTM partnership and liaison into the product business units
· Build, prepare and orchestrate all business and financial updates for cloud partner
· Develop a cohesive plan to help activate VMware partners on cloud products and solutions
· Drive strategic planning between partners, direct sales teams and Amazon Web Services teams
· Lead a cross functional team of solution, cloud services, and go-to-market roles to improve existing Cloud products to drive scalable growth and profitability
· Create and develop a strategy to drive new opportunities through cloud partnerships including Amazon Web Services
· 15 + years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of sales and / or sales strategy experience and sales leadership experience
· Major understanding of cloud sales, MSP operating models and prefer experience with other large cloud providers
· Experience supporting and selling cloud-based business applications
· Experience with high volume, high velocity sales organizations with modern ways of attracting and acquiring companies
· Extensive senior sales leadership experience building, leading and inspiring cross functional teams.
· High intellectual horsepower, high-energy, visionary executive with proven track record of defining and delivering new initiatives
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
· Experience in supporting sales organizations, processes and strategy. Also, can be a trusted advisor to sales leadership
· The ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously
· Extensive experience with channel partners, service providers, or end-customers in a software environment.
· Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands
· Experience within large, complex and highly matrixed organizations
· Strong influencing and communication skills
· Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high levels of integrity, honesty and trust
Already a member? Sign In