Senior Director – Data Modernization
Saint Paul, MN, USA | Travelers
Industry:Insurance - General
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$131,600.00 – $217,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. In this highly visible role, the Data Engineering Senior Director will lead the cloud enablement and data domain teams, and will help accelerate growth and transformation of our analytics landscape. In this role, you will lead teams designing and building data solutions that capture, explore, transform and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights. In addition to ingesting data from multiple sources and relaying information to relevant partners, you will also lead, mentor and develop a team of data engineers.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Key leader and strategist in the BI data modernization program
- Accountable for the delivery of the data domain framework in accordance with the OMG model.
- Lead development of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Execute data strategies to support various consumption patterns and identify enterprise architecture, platform, and application infrastructure needs.
- Drive the operationalizing and automating of all capabilities to ensure secure, supported and scalable solutions.
- Present analysis and recommendations to help influence management and executive leadership decisions.
- Guide and coach senior team members to accelerate career development.
- Establish budgets, policies and practices with significant impact on area operations.
- Actively lead and coach a team of senior data engineers, be responsible for talent management, growth and career development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Six years of data engineering or equivalent experience
- One year of previous management experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Eight or more years of related work experience
- Four or more years of team leadership experience
- Subject matter expertise in data tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and technology platforms.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Already a member? Sign In