Senior Director Disaster Recovery
Remote, NY, USA | Travelers
Industry:Insurance - General
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$123,400.00 – $203,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers Technology organization is seeking a senior leader for Disaster Recovery responsible for planning at a strategic level and driving the vision of the Business Resiliency program with effective use of team resources. Leads team to build effective recovery plans and develop processes & procedures to implement in the event of a crisis. Influences business and technology leaders to drive sound decision-making. Responsible for all aspects of human resource management of staff.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides expert guidance to and coordinates the efforts of relevant Technology (infrastructure and application), Business, and other function leaders in developing, documenting, and validating recovery procedures & plans.
- Effectively collaborate with Technology (infrastructure and application) and Security professionals in implementing sound disaster recovery related solutions.
- Manages team(s) with responsibilities of facilitating the production of documentation, process training, and arranging training for recovery procedures to employees.
- Responsible for communicating status, strategic direction, and results of assigned work.
- Inspires use of automation products to increase availability and improvebusiness resiliency across the Enterprise.
- Develop strong relationships with business and technology leaders and other business continuity and disaster recovery stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to both planning and incident response activities.
- Ensure DR program continues to meet Compliance certification requirements and remains viable to facilitate an enterprise recovery from a business disruption
- Build out efficient and scalable templates, systems, processes, and program metrics as required
- Oversee Disaster Recovery Plans, document preparedness status and reports to management and track status of any agreed remediation items to closure
- Assist with other activities as required to develop and maintain the Resiliency Program,
- Leads the coordination of resolution of complex topics. Interacts with internal product owners, vendors and other points of escalation the in the Technology and Business areas.
- Responsible for fulfilling technology audits for respective technologies. Ensures team compliance with technology standards, policies, and governance.
- Provides human resources management, including coaching, performance management, team development and growth, and workforce planning.
- Provides financial/budgetary oversight for team and set of responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five years of Technology or Technology Operations experience required.
- Two years of experience managing others and/or technical teams required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- At least 4 years of experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Able to demonstrate technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Has solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of various processes and technologies.
- Able to understand market and industry trends within areas of expertise.
- Possesses strong analytical skills in order to effectively influence recommendations and decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or technical objectives.
- Fully understands how overall responsibilities fit within broader operational environment and has strong ability to influence technology recommendations for the organization.
- Knowledge in SaaS and/or cloud computing
- Certification from DRII or BCI or similar a plus
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery planning techniques, technologies and best practices, methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses, as well as DR capabilities in the Cloud
- Experience with Archer is a plus
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Willingness and flexibility to take on work in different areas where needed
- Good organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Management.
- Effective presentation skills used to influence decisions of leaders.
- Business knowledge and partnership:
- Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of business and financial acumen.
- Able to actively influence and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders to solve problems and ensure services are utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Able to provide solutions tailored to meet business objectives.
- Able to act as a change agent, leads and welcomes innovative ideas and drives continuous improvement and service optimization.
- Able to lead effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence Senior Management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Able to balance organizational, team, and individual responsibilities. Leads team to be more balanced and be effective.
- Able to exhibit objective leadership and openness to other views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Able to put success of organization and team above own interest.
- Accountable to drive cross-functional objectives and priorities and help form a vision for the future.
- Able to effectively influence across multiple teams, leaders, organizations, and/or enterprise.
- Able to demonstrate the thought leadership necessary to set broad technical direction and is able to communicate/articulate a clear vision.
- Able to exhibit the skills needed to be seen as a technical and process leader within the organization, independently resolves conflicts, and develops relationships outside the broader organization.
- Able to exhibit team leadership, provides guidance, feedback and coaching to direct reports.
- Strong ability to influence upward and lead others into ‘new’ ways of doing things.
- Ability to build and inspire a fully functioning team, proactively takes initiative to improve team and set high expectations.
- Able to provide leadership for functional objectives and priorities across multiple technologies, platforms and teams.
- Supports management decisions and acts as a change champion.
- Should be well-versed in how budgets and chargebacks operate as related to designated technology.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Weekend, overnight, and holiday work hours occur on an as needed basis
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Already a member? Sign In