Senior Director Human Resources
Monterey, CA, USA | DOLE FOOD COMPANY
Industry:Food & Beverages
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
General Description / Primary Purpose
Responsible for directing the Human Resources function and activities related to the full life cycle of the DFV professional/administrative employees in all locations.These activities include but are not limited to overseeing the hiring, recruiting, orientation, compensation, performance management, record keeping and compliance processes.Provides leadership and establishes and implements human resources strategy regarding overall business plans and objectives under the general direction of the SVP HR.
Major Responsibilities And Tasks/ Duties Of The Position
- Establishes and implements human resources strategy to meet the overall business plans and objectives under the general direction of the SVP HR.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Directs and oversees the strategic recruiting function for the professional/administrative employees.
- Plans, leads, develops, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys.
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation; leaves of absence; employee relations; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity; recognition; and training and development.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Oversees the development and delivery of the annual budget for the “salaried” payroll employees as well as the HR departmental budget.
- Directs all programs, including but not limited to internship, apprenticeship, and those focused on regular/full-time employee onboarding and retention.
- Oversees Facilities management for assigned locations.
- Develop and implement performance and goal management programs and systems.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Raises proactive issues with managers, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues, and recommending appropriate action plans.
- Coordinates efforts with DFV HR functions and Corporate HR.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- 15+ years’ experience in human resource management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management system
Internal & External Relations
- All internal departments
- All levels of management
- Government agencies
- Ag Associations
Education And Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or related field required. MS/MBA preferred.
Typically 1 -5 employees, including but not limited to HR Analyst, HR Generalist, Program Specialist, Facilities Manager, and Talent Acquisition Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 25 lbs and the ability to sit for long periods of time
Work Hour Requirements
- Ability to work beyond regular business hours as business needs require.
- Ability to travel to Dole facilities as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
Already a member? Sign In