Senior Director, Mobile Engineering
Mountain View, CA, USA | MobileIron
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
- Direct hands-on experience (10+ years) leading Engineering teams building sophisticated Mobile applications on iOS, Android and/or MacOS
- Proficient in Architecture and Design of complex and cross-functional software projects
- Proficient with C/C++, Objective C/Swift and Java
- Strong fundamentals around Algorithms, Data Structures and practical applications of these to build software systems
- Strong proponent of Engineering best practices and has a track record of addressing engineering efficiency bottlenecks
- Has a track record of running Engineering projects with a Quality First mindset
- Demonstrated ability to foster a startup-like culture in the Engineering teams bringing passion and energy to the workplace in growing and managing geographically distributed teams using successful recruiting, employee development and retention.
- Strong communicator who can comfortably sell the business vision to engineering teams, and structure team and individual efforts to tie into a common charter
- Has the ability to quickly grasp and fully understand the underlying technology. Can discuss technical and product issues and resolve development challenges with Engineers. Keeps current on technology trends, standards and development processes. Is naturally curious about technology and the impacts of technology on the mobile market.
- A pragmatic decision-maker – Has the ability to prioritize tasks in the context of objectives, constraints and dependencies. Exercises sound judgment and makes decisions based upon facts, instinct and experience. Applies creative approaches to solve problems. Sets aggressive, yet realistic expectations with respect to team and individual performance. Comprehends the intangible impacts of goals, schedules, and milestones on members of the team, and makes adjustments accordingly
- Self-confidence, to have both the conviction and willingness to make decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions
Already a member? Sign In