Senior Director of Software Engineering-Multi-Family Technology
Plano, TX, USA | Fannie Mae
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The MF Technology - Technology Management - Senior Director role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
In this compelling leadership position, you will plan and direct the work of staff who provide overall direction with technology products and processes; assess enterprise functional needs and implement technology solutions to support; define strategic outlook; coordinate operational activities of the unit through the efforts of subordinate staff managers; coordinate operational activities of the unit through the efforts of staff managers
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
• 8 years
• Experience as a Director with demonstrated experience leading geographically distributed teams
• Experience modernizing applications in cloud.
• Experience implementing Microservices-based architecture in a cloud environment, preferably AWS
• Experience building and supporting mission critical applications leveraging industry best practices and trends
• Ability to be both strategic (roadmaps, architecture, planning, etc.) and tactical (specs, code review, root cause analysis, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience building strong working relationships with Executive and Senior management across various functions
• Experience implementing various Agile practices and methodologies, included Scaled Agile
• Experience leading teams through Cloud adoptions including strong familiarity with AWS
• A technology leader who could build and grow high performing agile teams
• Able to collaborate cross-functionally with the business and technical teams to influence certain business/technology outcome
• Experience leading and managing large-scale software engineering projects involving design, architecture, and coding on cloud, preferably AWS
• Experience managing budget and proactively addressing budget variances to align to enterprise budget goals
• Experience developing, influencing, and implementing long-term staffing strategy
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience developing leaders in a high performance team
• Bachelor degree or equivalent; Master degree preferred
• Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
• The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
• Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
• The group of skills related to Governance and Compliance including creating policies, evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations, developing data governance, etc.
• Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
• Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
• The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including improving and overseeing operations
• Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management of large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service delivery
• Experience forecasting, predicting, and monitoring financials with a focus on ratios, equities, and debts
• Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
• Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
• Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
• Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
• The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
• Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
• Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
• Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
• The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
• The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
• The group of skills related to Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
• Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
• Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
• The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
• Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
• Collective capabilities for leadership, including leading teams, giving feedback, facilitating meetings, and coaching and mentoring
• Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to communicate ideas
Already a member? Sign In