Senior Director, Partnerships, Community Impact
Philadelphia, PA, USA | Comcast
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:93 people have viewed this job
Community Impact leads our corporate portfolio of social impact efforts which includes managing the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation, global employee engagement and volunteerism efforts, and corporate and philanthropic sponsorships that support Comcast Corporation's company values. The Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships serves in a critical role building and managing our Foundationinvestment portfolio.
- Source and cultivate relationships with external partners, including national and regional non-profits, to develop programs and partnerships that advance our primary philanthropic objectives including closing the digital divide, improving the quality of digital skills training, and aligning training to ensure it meets market and industry demands for success in college, career and entrepreneurship.
- Manage relationships with Comcast corporate partners representing company values including Internet Essentials, Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability, Accessibility, Military & Veteran Affairs, External Affairs as well as teams across our various brands including NBC, Sky and Universal Studios, to advance and promote Comcast's social impact efforts.
- Establish research and evaluation priorities and partners that help better define key problems within our focus areas, as well as assess the effectiveness of our efforts.
- Collaborate with Strategic Partnerships team to build out a training and development strategy and execution plan to help educate and equip Comcast Community Impact staff in corporate as well as in Comcast Cable divisions on strategies to close the opportunity divide, best practice grantmaking and partnership development.
- Find relevant pathways to deepen the relationships with external partners where appropriate within and across Comcast functions and businesses including HR, External Affairs, Public Policy, Diversity & Inclusion, Product development & design, Marketing, etc.
- Proactively partner with Community Impact team to identify partners for meaningful employee engagement opportunities including board service and volunteerism.
- Manage and drive messaging for Comcast's philanthropic strategy and work closely with communications and internal media partners to develop thought leadership opportunities to promote our collective objectives through various media, forums and events.
- Serve as senior advisor on Foundation governance, grantmaking and sponsorship policies, procedures, reporting & analytics and processing.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 10+ years working in a CSR or related function in a lead relationship management and senior strategic planning capacity required.
- Must be skilled at working across teams in various functions with and finding paths to pursue common objectives.
- Experience working in public sector and/or corporate grantmaking/affairs strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and guiding event management and planning.
- Extensive U.S. travel required.
- Bachelors Degree.