Senior Director Quality Engineering
Mountain View, CA, USA | MobileIron
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
- Lead the Quality Engineering teams to define and execute effective testing methodologies and best practices to ensure high quality deployments in suitable timeframes
- Instill the importance of automation in the Quality Engineering teams and drive the teams to create efficient & effective automation.
- Define, standardize and apply the QE strategy for product teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs.
- Partner with dependent teams and encourage partnership within your org to break silos and deliver quality across the entire stack & ecosystem.
- Implement & drive continuous improvement plans in quality, automation, career growth, process and support your teams to contribute to these initiatives.
- Define and drive performance testing for the R&D department focused on performance and sustainability.
- Build strong relationships with Customer Success and Product Development members to understand the needs for the QE department and tools
- Assure timely completion of testing for projects as well as comprehensive bug tracking and reporting
- Measure and report on quality engineering metrics on a regular basis
- Identify a strategy for maintaining consistent QE environments and hardware to provide as much up time for testing as possible
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for individual QE contributors on the team
- Uphold the importance of the MobileIron core values and culture by leading team building events and building strong communication amongst QE team members across multiple locations
Who you are...
- Comfortable with fast-paced, schedule driven development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
What you’ve done…
- 10+ years’ experience as an engineering manager or software quality engineering manager with in-depth knowledge of software engineering and development lifecycle
- Proven track record in leading QE and automation teams
- Strong knowledge and experience in Java code, functionality and testing strategy
- Designing, implementing and supporting products based on Java or C/C++
- Proven track record of delivering releases on time with high quality.
- Experience with QE tools for mobile test automation and performance testing
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Experience in managing large teams across multiple locations
- Experience of Application Security is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math Engineering or equivalent work experience
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In