Senior Director User Experience
Arlington, VA, USA | Gartner Consulting
Design / Graphic Design
Job Description:81 people have viewed this job
We are looking for a passionate, experienced design leader to join our team as a Senior Director of User Experience. In this role, you will help lead product development by guiding and developing a talented, driven team of UX and UI designers, and collaborating closely with other team leads. You will be part of a cross-functional, agile product team and will proactively drive forward all aspects of the design process.
Strategy & Execution
- Partner with product leadership to execute product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate closely with product owners to find opportunities for new products and features and to validate assumptions through user testing and research.
- Drive the overall quality of design output and its contribution to business objectives.
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve product team efficiency and impact.
- Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, establish clear next steps and owners, and resolve blocks that impede progress.
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems.
- Refine and drive design philosophy, principles and guidelines, ensuring they are consistently applied to every product and experience.
- Manage the delivery of design projects, defining scope, goals, milestones, and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders across the business.
- Grow our user research capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product decisions.
- Build design thinking into work across design and product, and represent design and user experience to senior management.
- Establish processes and velocity expectations that allow the design team to do their best work; balancing speed and creativity.
- Team Management & Development
- Motivate and guide the team to create designs that keep Capterra at the forefront of UX design/establishing new best practices.
- Deliver strong project and career management and growth for the team.
- Model and promote a highly collaborative team culture.
- 8+ years of digital product visual / experience design, with 2+ of those years in director-level management. A passion for managing and mentoring designers.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods – especially related to digital products – and the ability to work at all levels of the process.
- Demonstrable UI and visual design skills with a strong portfolio - you must be able to showcase and speak to your portfolio, and how your work qualifies you for this role.
- Experience developing and evolving design systems.
- Experience designing mobile-first and for responsive websites.
- Experience with user research throughout the product lifecycle, incorporating data from multiple sources into decision making.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML and CSS is required.
- Experience creating data visualizations is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process is a plus.
- Degree in design related field, or equivalent experience, is required.
Who you are:
- Results oriented, self-motivated influencer.
- An excellent communicator with strong presentation skills: you are able to share design direction, vision and rationale with stakeholders and senior management.
- Organized and expeditious; always deadline aware; you take pride in planning well, and delivering what you promise.
- Driven by curiosity and the need to learn and continuing to develop.
- You enjoy a good challenge: you are not afraid to make mistakes and quickly learn from them.
- You aren’t tied to the status quo and strive to achieve new design standards.
Already a member? Sign In