Senior Engineer, Supplier Quality Capex
Greenville, SC, USA | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Senior Engineer Supplier Quality CAPEX (Equipments) assumes the responsibility to execute the supplier qualification process, ensure all activities required during qualification stage and lifecycle of the supplier relationship are maintained and executed for CAPEX bought by LM. The focus of the role is to execute the end-to-end qualification of the supplier ensuring sourcing, engineering and plant operations are involved along the way. The Senior Engineer Supplier Quality - CAPEX reports directly to Manager Supplier Quality CAPEX.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business is a world leading supplier of blades and service to the wind industry. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
Why we come to work:
Strategic thinkers who enjoy a fast-paced working environment, our Sourcers are resilient and resolute in the face of challenge. They’re accountable for the decisions they make, and love to prove they can get the best product for the job through their resourcefulness. This confidence is empowering and exciting -and their knowledge is second to none through the opportunities to travel to supplier locations in this role! You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a great negotiator, with a persistent mindset and the desire to experience global cultures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute the standard qualification process across the supply chain
- Plan Qualification along with key stake holders
- Execute qualification tasks and requirements for each qualification within the CAPEX Commodity Team
- Gatekeeper for Qualification Process for respective commodity
- Drive key stake holders to deliver on commitments/timelines
- Follow up tasks with stakeholders on daily basis
- Ensure documents and records of qualification are uploaded in ERP by all stake holders
- Identify key bottle necks in qualification and escalate key issues and work on improvements
- Carry qualification reviews together with relevant functions and suppliers
- Prepare and participate in supplier performance reviews
- Ensure that deliverables from those functions to suppliers are provided on time
- Ensure that deliverables from supplier to qualification team are provided on time
- Ensure consistency of information between qualification team and suppliers
- Participate in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) with suppliers onsite
- Periodical validation of supplier's manufacturing processes
- Agreements and Specification sign off
- Execution in signing quality agreements, specification on behalf of supplier quality with suppliers
- Participates in specifications review and provides feedback to Engineering
- Handle engineering change with supplier related to specifications
- Supplier Performance
- Leads Supplier Non-conformity handling and claims handling process focusing on improving supplier KPIs
- Participate in business management review with suppliers
- Lead Qualification audits and PPAP audits at CAPEX Suppliers
- Support in supplier process audit, surveillance audit and incident audit when needed
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with experience in managing suppliers.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in working in Manufacturing, with more than 3 years of experience working in working within the wind industry or equipment supply
- Ability and willingness to travel 40% in their work schedule
- Experience with heavy structures, welding, hydraulics, or automation equipment
- Certification as a welding engineer desirable
- Auditing skills as per ISO9001:2015, TS16949:2016
- Knowledge on the Quality Management systems
- Good knowledge of logistics, quality, reliability, quality systems and sourcing business processes
- Good Project Management skills
- Knowledge of PDCA, SPC, 8D, Poke Yoke and FMEA methodologies
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive the solution of complex problems
- Must be a team player capable of integrating and work well in a cross functional team
- Results driven, with analytical and numeric skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Experience in dealing with International Customers/ Suppliers / Customs
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal (key)
- Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people. Places higher priority on team or organization goals than on own goals
- Accept change and remain open to idea offered by others
- Sets goals and regularly follow up on these goals and manages time with increased competence. Takes decisions and monitors results
- Sees alternative ways to view or define problems is not constrained by the thoughts or approach of others
- Actively seeks information to understand customer’s circumstances, problems and expectations and acts accordingly. Builds collaborative relationships
- Lives and articulates GE leadership behavior. Promotes adherence to key elements of GE vision, culture, and processes
- Commands strong attention and influence beyond own geography, business, or function. Inspires commitment at all levels
The salary range for this position is $75,750 - $126,250 Total Base Pay Range. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Already a member? Sign In