Senior Engineer, Systems
San Diego, CA, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
The Senior Systems Engineer will execute system designs as conceptualized by the ESG solution architect.System designs vary from relatively straightforward power rack integrations to complex systems involving circuit design, hardware modifications, and software development and integration.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
• Design of simple to moderately complex interface circuits which includes following these designs from concept through integration, test and deployment.
• Generation of formal product documentation including schematics, bills of materials, test procedures, specifications and user manuals
• Specification of deliverable equipment performance to meet customer requirements
• Interface directly with customers as required to resolve any system related issues
• Work with Software Engineers during system development and validation
• Travel occasionally in response to needs of the customer for system commissioning, maintenance and/or equipment malfunctions.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in electronic design or test engineering
• US Person for ITAR compliance
• Proven track record in engineering leadership as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices
• Experience in the design and operation of solid-state power conversion products such as grid-tied inverters, AC & DC power supplies, current sources and/or electronic loads.
• Working experience with test engineering in a production environment
• Proficiency in Engineering design tools such as P-Spice, schematic capture and PCB board layout software
• Ability to program general purpose test equipment using IEEE-488, Ethernet and RS-232
• Thorough understanding of UL, CE, NEC and other NRTL regulatory requirements
• Skilled in the generation of schematics, BOMs, wire lists, acceptance test procedures
• Experience with complex transformer design, digitally controlled power converters, switching power supply technology, and thermal management.
• Working knowledge of power components (FETs, IGBTs, Diodes) and their key characteristics and design implications
• Working knowledge of solar panel and battery technology.
• Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbally.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a complex business environment
• Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SQL database applications
• Experience designing and implementing analog/digital hardware and PWM controls
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Already a member? Sign In