Senior Engineering Manager, ML Platform
Carpinteria, CA, USA | Procore
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead Procore’s Machine Learning Platform, enabling our ML Scientists and Engineers to rapidly iterate on applied AI driven solutions. As a member of our AI team, you’ll help deliver the future of our next-generation insights, recommendations, and automated experience roadmaps, and to enable AI capabilities to everyone in construction on a global platform.
The construction vertical is ripe for technological innovation. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. Procore is leading the market with our SaaS construction platform. We build for real people with real experiences, empowering Groundbreakers to develop and transform the communities where we all live.
This position will report to the Sr Director of Engineering - AI and has the opportunity to work remotely from a U.S., Canada, or U.K. location, or in our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX office. We’re looking for candidates to join our team immediately!
What you’ll do:
• Lead a team of diverse, smart, and driven machine learning engineers distributed across multiple locations.
• Have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and be comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution in the case of incidents.
• Take responsibility for the team’s short-term and long-term strategy. Define the team's roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with other engineering teams and multi-functional partners.
• Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we develop scalable, highly-available infrastructure that enables ML Scientists to experiment and rapidly iterate on AI-driven solutions that delight our users and customers.
• Evangelize the benefit of the ML Platform efforts to internal and external stakeholders.
• Be an aggressive source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
• Partner with leadership to influence and drive org design, contribution, and prioritization.
• Create domain-specific data management tooling to enable repeatable training
• Create tooling to enable human-in-the-loop and arbitrate it against model inferences
• Enable codified global deployment of models void of unwanted biases
• Deploy managed Jupyter notebook infrastructure for ML Scientists
• Integrate with external annotation partners to enable ML solutions through supervised feature extraction
What we’re looking for:
• Master’s degree In Computer Science or Machine Learning or equivalent experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership
• 3+ years of experience managing a team of 3 or more engineers building complex production-grade software systems
• 2+ years of experience managing platform-oriented teams (cloud, data, ml)
• Strong understanding in the machine learning and data science technical ecosystems (e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch, MLflow, Seldon, Kubeflow, Data lakes, Snowflake, SageMaker, Scikit, etc)
• Deep familiarity with data management strategy, big data, storage, processing, APIs, and cloud-based implementations at scale.
• Experience delivering AI solutions with international and domestic regulatory compliance and legal requirements.
• Understand cost of software development / tech debt and long-term maintenance
• Passion for customers and seeking a deep understanding of end-user problems as well as competitive and market trends in the AI space
• Nice to have: experienced in construction technologies and software, or adjacent verticals such as Real Estates, Oil and Gas, or Mining.
Already a member? Sign In