Senior Financial Analyst - Budgets and Investment Planning
Westwood, MA, USA | Eversource Energy
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
This position assists specific business areas in the development of detailed O&M and capital budgets and provides general financial support to those assigned business areas. Responsible for understanding the business, identifying issues and opportunities, and working with area personnel in analyzing the financial impacts of certain events on individual business areas. Assist in creating, analyzing, and reporting on the overall corporate O&M and capital budgets.
Throughout the year, this position will re-forecast O&M and capital budgets based on year-to-date results and other financial information. Additional responsibilities will include financial assessment of various projects, net present value analysis and assisting the business area with preparation of capital project authorizations. The position will also involve some accounting work and allocating vendor invoices to various cost areas.
• Develops the annual area O&M and capital budgets for assigned business areas.Assists in Eversource Corporate O&M and capital planning and reporting activities.Performs budget re-forecasts.
• Assesses performance against plans and coordinates the tracking of individual project spending with the operating areas.
• Supports in the analysis of various Company initiatives and their impact on the Company’s and operating area’s financial position.
• Provides financial support consultation to business area managers in their assessment of strategic initiatives and the financial implications of budgeting decisions on business unit performance objectives
• Requires strong working knowledge of financial, accounting and regulatory rules and regulations and the ability to apply this knowledge to detailed financial analyses
• Requires understanding of Eversource operating structure and an ability to understand and apply the impact of financial decisions on Eversource
• Requires strong analytical, written and communication skills
• Requires the ability to make decisions independently regarding financial analysis problems, methods, and reporting solutions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, related discipline or equivalent experience
• Advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred
• Five (5) plus years related work involving extensive exposure to financial analysis or accounting
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry.We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment.This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Already a member? Sign In