Senior Financial Analyst - Oncology CRO Services
Remote, NC, USA | Precision Medicine Group
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
Precision for Medicine, Oncology & Rare Disease is a precision medicine Clinical Research Organization (CRO). Our uniquely integrated offering enables the science of precision medicine by combining novel clinical trial designs, industry-leading operational and medical authorities, advanced biomarker and data analytics solutions, and an unequivocal real passion for rare diseases and oncology.
We provide all essential services needed for the development of novel oncology and rare disease therapeutics including, clinical development planning, study start up, clinical trial execution, translational sciences and expansive services in biometrics. Our personalized approach to clinical operations combined with the deep science of our translational services provides our clients with efficient delivery from one core team, deeper data and a tailored pathway to accelerated development.
We are revolutionizing the attack on cancer—and we are passionate about helping you harness its power. We strike tumors on a molecular level using biomarkers to link specific mutations to specific treatments. We combine deep science with deep data from advanced technological platforms, then layer on specialized expertise in the design and execution of targeted, adaptive clinical trials. Ultimately, we deliver robust insights that inform real-time decisions—and optimize the oncology development pathway.
Successful incumbents will be a high energy, dedicated team members who enjoy a challenge and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and deadline driven setting. How will you to make a difference? By supporting the revenue recognition process on global projects through working with the project teams on the monthly achievements, forecasting, and analyzing backlog by region. If you are no stranger to collaborating to deliver phenomenal work, then this is an opportunity for you to explore!
- You know how to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when time is tight and pressures are high
- You are a great teammate and an open and clear communicator, always keeping colleagues informed
- You are drawn to deadline oriented work and are a natural born finisher
- You have an eagle's eye for details and the ability to spot inconsistencies and potential issues
- You stay focused, effective and efficient in handling multiple and competing priorities
- You can work independently, with limited direct supervision, but enjoy working with a collaborate team
- You are an innate problem solver
- You demonstrate logical thinking to gather and analyze information
- You are dedicated in your approach and enjoy financially mentoring others
A glimpse of what your day-to-day may look like.
How will you make a difference? You will support the clinical project teams in all financial areas associated with running a clinical trial. You will support the revenue recognition process on global projects through working with the project teams on the monthly achievements, forecasting, and analyzing backlog by region. You will:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly invoicing worksheet which is the source document for client invoicing and source of revenue recognition.
- Perform variance analysis comparing forecasted revenue to actual revenue to identify gaps, changes in scope, etc
- Review work orders and change order budgets in comparison with actual activities to help identify out of scope activities
- Perform monthly EVA’s in conjunction with the Project Directors/Project Managers Participate in the monthly project review meetings on an as needed basis
- Provide support to the Executive Director of Operational Finance in the preparation of contract documents (statements of work and change orders)
- Work with brand company Accountant to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close and deliver timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO and Executive Director of Operational Finance regarding financial results, special reporting requests and ad hoc analyses relating to projects
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related business field
- A minimum of five years experience in general ledger and financial reporting along with a working knowledge of all areas of the accounting cycle, project budgets, financial project management support, Earned Value Analysis (“EVA”) analysis
- Strong Working knowledge of the life cycle of a project with a solid foundation of how the financials and contract status impact each stage of the clinical trial
- Ability to undertake occasional domestic and international travel including overnight stays.
- Fluency in English and, in addition, for non-English speaking countries the local language of the country where position based
- MBA/ CPA
- Experience in the CRO industry
- Experience with Quick Books
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Alrdeady a member? Sign In