Senior Financial Analyst
East Brunswick, NJ, USA | Cantor Fitzgerald
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
Provides financial analyses, management consulting, analytical decision support services, and technical expertise for a broad array of financial and operational projects and initiatives. Designs and builds sophisticated financial models based on diverse data sets, in order to facilitate strategic decision making. Interpretation and presentation of reports and analyses to senior leadership. Participates in the planning and development of company-wide strategic plans.
Essential Job Duties:
- Financial modeling and underwriting of prospective assignments (individual loans or portfolio of loans as well as investment properties to include but not limited to industrial, office, retail, multi-family, hospitality and land)Assisting with due diligence required for the underwriting and marketing (review and abstracting of leases, appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, income and expense statements, rent rolls, mortgage, note, modifications, forbearance agreements, foreclosure filings, title searches, etc.)
- Review, consolidate and summarize information and findings for valuation and marketing purposes.
- May coordinate financial analysis matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Develop and deliver formal presentations of analytic findings and recommendations to senior managers and clients.
- Develop offering presentation packages.
- Research for comparable sold and for sale listings, submarket statistics such as competitive inventory, availability, lease rates, etc.
- Participate in project teams, as necessary, to facilitate process improvements and address changing business requirements.
Other Job Functions:
- Assist junior analyst on various projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or MBA in Real Estate, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics
- 2+ commercial real estate, private equity, finance, appraisal or investment banking experience with an emphasis in financial modeling
- Experience with developing and working with financial models, cash flows, NPV & IRR analysis
- Proficiency with PC applications such as Microsoft Excel,Word and PowerPoint..
- Knowledge of Argus Enterprise and/or Excel VBA a plus.
- Knowledge of CoStar, Real Estate Capital Analytics and other real estate data sources is a plus.
- Knowledge of loan documents and terminology is a plus.
- Strong consulting, oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a complex team environment across multiple departments.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines.