Senior Implementation Project Manager
Palo Alto, CA, USA | WePay
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
WePay is seeking a seasoned Implementation Project Manager to join our Partner Experience field team.This is an exciting opportunity to work in a very progressive division of J.P. Morgan’s Merchant Services business.WePay’s culture reflects a fast-paced innovative feel with all of the benefits and assets of being backed by a world-class financial institution.
The Implementation Project Manager will operate as a senior, client facing, Project Manager leading our most critical and complex, strategic partner integrations.Payments experience is strongly desired to enable the incumbent to ramp quickly.The ideal Implementation Project Manager will embody the traits of a business program manager, technical project manager, relationship manager, and product expert.They will act as the glue that keeps the integration project team together, working across WePay, J.P. Morgan Chase, and partner teams.In this impactful role you will leverage strong business, operational, and technical acumen in order to understand and deliver on partner expectations and payment solutions end-to-end.Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to navigate and negotiate through challenging circumstances, both internally and externally, at all levels, will be essential in this role.
You will own the overall integration project plan and delivery end-to-end, with responsibility for providing frequent updates to WePay’s executive leadership team. You will need to understand the overall vision for the partner’s integration with WePay and be a customer advocate -- balancing client needs with company interests.Tactically, our Implementation Project Managers are responsible for guiding integration projects day-to-day using their technical knowledge and project management experience. You will manage partner requests for custom functionality and be creative in helping the integration team solve for complex requirements.We need someone who can execute on the task level details of the integration and who is able to report high-level summaries to project sponsors.
What You Will Do:
• Manage new partner implementations and complex follow-on phases/migrations for existing customers.
• Assist Operational Readiness Leads as needed in pilot monitoring activities.
• Anticipate and clarify requirements across silos and proactively mitigating risks.
• Strive to understand the business problem at hand and ensure all parties are aligned and marching towards the right solution.
• Own and lead multiple, simultaneous phased customer engagements integrating WePay utilizing Project Management best practices.
• Manage project team activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, meeting milestones, and ensuring technical success.
• Communicate task level details in summary form to partner and internal executives.
• Work with product management and other cross- functional teams includingrisk and operations to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases.
• Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
• Closely partner with sales and solution engineers during handoffs.
• Work with Integration Engineers to ensure partner issues during certification are resolved.
What We Are Looking For:
• Proven project management expertise with the ability to adapt methods and techniques to support work in agile environments while ensuring strong controls.
• Experience using tools such as Monday.com, Google Suite, and project timeline scheduling tools.
• 5 years in a project management role; at least 2 years of client facing experience.
• Basic understanding of Web Services and APIs.
• Experience working effectively with technical teams including Product and Engineering.
• Proven experience ensuring clients are effectively transitioned to operational teams.
• Experience building out templates to leverage during projects.
• Ability to travel to client sites and company locations periodically (likely <20%).
• PMP, CapM or equivalent training preferred.
• Degree in Business Administration would be a plus.
• Location:Remote in the United States.
Already a member? Sign In