Senior Investigator Budgets Analyst (FSP)
Remote, Netherlands | Parexel
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:Consulting - IT
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
The Investigator Budgets Analyst, Clinical Contracts, is responsible for supporting the overall budget development process for site-facing budget templates.
The position focuses on the coordination of multiple activities required to manage budget development to support clinical studies from start to close out. The position requires the ability to work cross functionally to ensure timely support of site activation. Training of internal Clinical Contracting team on budget processes, Company best practice, and negotiation strategy.
Responsible for development of process and acceptable guidelines for approvable budgetary requirements. The position will serve as key contributor to clinical contracts process improvements, as well as quality initiatives related to the function.
- Works with Clinical Operations, Finance, Legal, Clinical Contracting to ensure proper clinical trial budget development, training and dissemination occurs.
- Accountable for drafting, reviewing, and finalizing the creation of global clinical trial budget templates for Phase I through IV studies in accordance with Fair Market Value and industry best practices.
- Amendment responsibility as needed as protocol requirements mandate.
- Utilizes grant planning/industry cost benchmarking tools, ICD-9/10 codes and CPT codes to ensure standardization of budget template format.
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations as needed for clarifications, providing education on the budget development process and rationale for items in the budget template.
- Creates comprehensive parameters and tools for the Contracting team to use through the budget negotiations.
- Maintains documentation and database of approvals and for Master templates.
- Monitors timelines for all clinical studies to ensure global budgets are built within study required timelines for both original and amended protocols and delivered to business partners on time.
- Responsible and accountable for leading a meeting for budget delivery and explanation of the master template and/or Parameters to Clinical Operations, Finance, Clinical Contracting, Functional Service Providers, and/or Clinical Research Organizations to ensure proper understanding to allow a high level of negotiation.
- Supports business partners requests for ad hoc cost benchmarking analysis and global budget template development.
- Serves as subject matter expert for cost benchmarking and cost benchmarking tool; provides internal training and ongoing support on a global level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or relevant and qualifying training/experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 2-3 years as a Contracts/Budget Analyst, preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software;
- Proficient with GrantPlan;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills in order to interact with internal/external groups
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Advanced presentation skills
- Able to proactively identify opportunities, challenges/risks and implement appropriate actions
- Able to understand, clearly articulate and defend budget template budget decisions and rationales
- Thorough understanding of budgeting process and ability to summarize high-level feedback
- Can identify, communicate, and propose solutions for potential budget issues that may arise
- Knowledge of CFR and GCP/ICH requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute as a member of a project team;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions
Why Work at Parexel
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
Already a member? Sign In