Senior Lead Engineer Federal
Denver, CO, USA | Lumen Technologies
Job Description:79 people have viewed this job
Lumen is seeking a Lead IT System Engineer with demonstrated architecture and systems engineering experience to mitigate cyber intrusions onto CenturyLink's ISP network in support of US Government networks. This is a highly technical and hands-on position requiring the selected candidate to both lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation.This position will be responsible for systems in support of CenturyLink's Government and commercial Managed Security Services platforms addressing .gov and critical infrastructure protection missions.
Basic Qualifications and duties.
The Main Responsibilities
• Strong experience with VMWare, and Microsoft Servers.
• Direct experience with building and administering multiple VMware products across multiple remote locations and data centers.
• Hands on experience automating deployments, cluster management, and systems security.
• Has provided upper-tier support for:
o Bare-metal and virtual machines.
o Mass data storage environments.
o Network equipment.
• Strong experience with Active Directory.
• Provide Tier 3 Operations/Engineering Support (troubleshooting)
• Strong Experience with Group Policies.
• Strong experience with applicable DISA security documents such as STIGs.
• Recent experience STIG-ing Windows servers.
• Experienced in applying application and security patches to servers.
• Strong understanding and troubleshooting of Domain Controllers.
• Skilled in at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, perl, python, ruby)
• SAN/NAS/Storage solutions experience with NetApp, NFS, or related technologies.
• Ability to develop a complete disaster recovery and system backup plan.
• Experience working load balancing systems a plus.
• Knowledge of Window's update tools such as WSUS, SCCM, and/or KACE.
• Knowledgeable at network engineering, with working knowledge of firewalls, servers, networks, and operating systems.
• Disciplined practice of producing, maintaining, and versioning all system documentation.
• Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals.
• Ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle with the team and customer on project requirements.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Candidate must be a US Citizen and hold an active Department of Defense TOPSECRET SCI clearance to be considered for this position.
• A Bachelor's Degree and/or Advanced degree in a technical discipline or 7-10 years' experience in the communications, network, and/or cyber security fields.
• Strong technical skills and understanding of information systems, network protocols, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, log management, network behavior analysis, vulnerability scan tools and processes.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, define requirements, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up, and customer focused behavior.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities.
• Knowledge and experience should include computer network operations, network access and protection techniques and technologies, software coding/scripting, encryption, and cross domain solutions.
• Work cross functionally with Engineers, Project Managers, Developers and Operations.
• Assist in designing and building out of new systems.
Already a member? Sign In